Government Run

J. Hill

This is what happens when the Government runs an organization. Just like the Post Office, its a terrible failure. They should turn it over to the Airports and let them hire the most qualified people.

A recent internal investigation by the Department of Homeland Security has found security failures at dozens of the nations' busiest airports—breaches that allowed undercover investigators to smuggle weapons, fake explosives and other contraband through numerous checkpoints.

In one case, an alarm sounded, but even during a pat down, the screening officer failed to detect a fake plastic explosive taped to an undercover agent's back. In all, so-called "Red Teams" of Homeland Security agents posing as passengers were able get weapons past Transportation Security Administration agents in 67 out of 70 tests — a 95 percent failure rate, according to agency officials.

Upon learning the initial findings of the Office of Inspector General's report, Secretary Jeh Johnson immediately directed TSA to implement a series of actions, several of which are now in place, to address the issues raised, agency officials said.

"The numbers in these reports never look good out of context, but they are a critical element in the continual evolution of our aviation security," Homeland Security officials said in a statement.

This isn't the first time TSA officers have failed to detect fake terrorists and their weapons. "Red Teams" have been probing TSA checkpoints for 13 years, often times successfully getting weapons past airport screeners.

However, this time TSA agents failed to detect almost every single test bomb and gun, aviation experts said.

"It's disturbing news. The question is how we can best mitigate that vulnerability in a way that doesn't prohibit the free movement of people and goods," John Pistole, a former TSA administrator, told NBC News' Tom Costello. "That's just something that there's no perfect answer for."

Meanwhile, terrorism experts stress that the threat levels remain high.

"There's a continuing drumbeat of interests by terrorist groups whether Al-Qaeda or Al-Qaeda affiliates to try to bring down a western, especially a U.S. bound aircraft," Pistole said.

they are more interested in strip searching grandmothers because they go ding from the metal detectors, even though they have medical documentation the have had joints replaced. They also like to frisk children in wheelchairs. Seems they hire perverts and pedophiles instead of qualified people.

they are more interested in strip searching grandmothers because they go ding from the metal detectors, even though they have medical documentation the have had joints replaced. They also like to frisk children in wheelchairs. Seems they hire perverts and pedophiles instead of qualified people.

Well unfortunately in the world we live in currently I can see terrorists using these exacts measures to get stuff through. Old women and sick children as living bait basically. It's sad how this world has come to this.