Windows 10

Stork

Question

Hey guys as most of you know it is today that Windows 10 have been released even for free.

I have beeen looking forward to Windows 10 for a long time now. Mostly because i hate the new modern UI fullscreen. I will try give you a quick rundown of the most important new things in Windows 10.

The Full screen UI system ( the one you are directed to when you press the start button in Windows 8 and 8.1 )

This UI thing have been a pain in the *** for me ever since it came out. However i know a lot of people likes it because it gives easy acces to apps and programs. Windows 10 has made a compromise between windows 7 and 8 that they have done by making the UI optional. This means that when you press you start button you will get the old windows 7 menu but you will also see the Ui system pop up right next to it. In my opinion this is a great thing.

DirectX12

DirectX12 is what the gamers have been hungering for. This new system makes the computer cooperation with the graphic card(s) way better it increases the performance and gives the extra boost we are all looking for. However this will require that you have a descent grapgic card(s).

HEVC

This will allow you to watch video in an impressive 8k. So for you guys making movies and clips this will be a great new feature.

Multiple new features

Windows 10 offers a lot of new and cool features which i can´t wait to get started with. I am not gonna go through all of them i will just highlight the things i like the most (See the Gamers version explanation in the bottom to see all features).

New things:

Searchbar in the buttom next to the start button

Item tech boxes

Task view switcher

Multiple desktops

When to get the new Windows 10

I know we are all anxiuos to get our hands on all these great things. However i am gonna wait 2-3 weeks before i am gonna install Windows 10. The reason why i am waiting is that there is still some starter problems although there have been a lot of beta versions i don´t want to go in details with all the things. Give Windows a few weeks to improve Windows 10 and get the things improved even more then you will be even happier with it than you would be if you download it now.

I hope all this helped you guys out a bit. If you got any questions to this please contact me and i will try to answer them.

My explanations might not be the best so i have found a few youtube clip which i think explain it in a great way.

The straight on explanation

The gamer edition explanation

I currently use Windows 7, which I like. I hate windows 8. I have not, and will not, downloaded Windows 10 yet. I plan to wait several months so they can get the bugs worked out of it. If any of you have downloaded it, and experience any problems, please post them here. Let us know what your experience is.

I currently use Windows 7, which I like. I hate windows 8. I have not, and will not, downloaded Windows 10 yet. I plan to wait several months so they can get the bugs worked out of it. If any of you have downloaded it, and experience any problems, please post them here. Let us know what your experience is.

I agree with you on that point Windows 8 sucks. And that is exactly why i love that the UI system have become optional on the Windows 10.

Windows 10 has been in active circulation in the Technical Preview for approx 1 year now. Most major issue's with being an OS have been addressed (key word here is major). However given the gaming communities tendancy to find things that break shit I will happily be the unit's guinea pig (my copy of Windows 10 will be installed before I get home from work).

Windows 10 has been in active circulation in the Technical Preview for approx 1 year now. Most major issue's with being an OS have been addressed (key word here is major). However given the gaming communities tendancy to find things that break shit I will happily be the unit's guinea pig (my copy of Windows 10 will be installed before I get home from work).

you are right Marsden all the major issues are solved. But there are still a few bugs to fix.

What i have heard most of the bugs will be fixed within the next 2 weeks.

I will never understand the resentment people have to change when it comes to windows operating systems.

"I don't like windows Vista, I'm sticking with xp". "Windows 7 sucks, I'll keep Vista" etc etc... what is the issue with windows 8? The live tiles? You can set your desktop as the start screen, it's in the options. Miss your start menu? Press the windows key and s to search both your pc and the Internet for whatever you're looking for. There is nothing in windows 8 that will break your computer, I promise. In the words of Lewis Black, "it's okay my little snowflakes".

Windows 8 is great, a much needed improvement over windows 7 in terms of reliability and user friendliness, it's a shame it gets knocked constantly by people who've never taken the time to try it.

I've had an insider version of windows 10 for about a month now, which I got from my operating systems professor at school. So far it's been great, a few bugs as to be expected from any beta, but I love the looks and feel of it as a whole.

As always, there will be people standing on the other side of the fence judging it without ever even trying it out though.

Edited by Ford 1st MRB

having used Windows for a long time, I have seen them come out and say how great it is and then heard all the complaints from the customers who would bring me their computers to fix. I have seen them get up on stage and give a demonstration on how good their newest version was, only to see it crash during the demonstration. Not Windows 10, but an earlier version. I just chose to wait til they fix all known bugs and then all the unknown ones that the customers uncover. Its like an upgrade for a game, no matter how well you test it, you never get all the bugs out before its released. I like my windows 7 and windows 10 looks interesting from a gamers point of view, but I will still wait. No telling how it will interact with other programs from the games I play.

I will never understand the resentment people have to change when it comes to windows operating systems.

"I don't like windows Vista, I'm sticking with xp". "Windows 7 sucks, I'll keep Vista" etc etc... what is the issue with windows 8? The live tiles? You can set your desktop as the start screen, it's in the options. Miss your start menu? Press the windows key and s to search both your pc and the Internet for whatever you're looking for. There is nothing in windows 8 that will break your computer, I promise. In the words of Lewis Black, "it's okay my little snowflakes".

Windows 8 is great, a much needed improvement over windows 7 in terms of reliability and user friendliness, it's a shame it gets knocked constantly by people who've never taken the time to try it.

I've had an insider version of windows 10 for about a month now, which I got from my operating systems professor at school. So far it's been great, a few bugs as to be expected from any beta, but I love the looks and feel of it as a whole.

As always, there will be people standing on the other side of the fence judging it without ever even trying it out though.

Ford i am using Windows 8 so i do know how it works and i do know you can make it a lot like Windows 7. However i would still prefer Windows 7 over 8 at any time but again thats just me we all prefer different things that part of life if everyone was the same it would be boring. When it comes to Windows 10 you are absolutely right it is gonna be great as i wrote in the top i am really looking forward to getting started with it. But as Hill says everything got their start up problems thats just how it is. But in 2 or 3 weeks when most of the bugs are gone. I will be all over Windows 10 myself it looks awesome and with all these new and great features. But you are right the version out today is not bad at all personally i am just gonna wait till they fix the worst bugs.

Ford i am using Windows 8 so i do know how it works and i do know you can make it a lot like Windows 7. However i would still prefer Windows 7 over 8 at any time but again thats just me we all prefer different things that part of life if everyone was the same it would be boring. When it comes to Windows 10 you are absolutely right it is gonna be great as i wrote in the top i am really looking forward to getting started with it. But as Hill says everything got their start up problems thats just how it is. But in 2 or 3 weeks when most of the bugs are gone. I will be all over Windows 10 myself it looks awesome and with all these new and great features. But you are right the version out today is not bad at all personally i am just gonna wait till they fix the worst bugs.

Microsoft has been using the public as beta testers for every operating system they have created since Windows 3.1. The only difference now is, they aren't charging us to beta test 10 for them.

"Windows 7 sucks, I'll keep Vista"

Said by no one, ever.

It was hypothetical, you get my point.

Multiple Desktops, I think I just came a little.

For someone who uses 2 monitors but never ones of the same size or resolution scale I've been waiting forever for this. I just recently upgraded my primary monitor as well so this should be even more awesome.

And just for perspective what I mean, my primary is a 1920x1080 capable monitor while my secondary is only 1680x1050. Mulitple desktops should fix a ton of issues i've had in the past with this setup.

initial impressions:

1) Much smoother operation, even with me being on a SSD already system boots up faster

2) Graphics huge improvement, colours much sharper and lines more defined.

3) Initial Game impression - wow the games I have tried out quickly average 10fps increase and clearer images

4) other programs have already updated automatically to win10 versions (Kapersky Anitvirus)

5) was very easy to upgrade to unlike previous versions, took approximately 45mins in total with doing a custom setup instead of the express.

6) the fear mongering about it automatically sharing your wifi passwors and being hard to shut off is total bullshit. It is one of the options during set up if you choose the "non express" route (adds like 30 seconds to set up), and you turn off the wifi share option simple.

If anyone starts to notice excessive lag while running Win10, open your task manager and look for a program called plugincontainer.exe and end task it. Lag will disappear instantly and no noticeable issues with the rest of the OS from there once it is shut down, I have a ticket into Microsoft asking what is up with this program as it jumps to 99% processor usage and stays there for a very very very long time.

If anyone starts to notice excessive lag while running Win10, open your task manager and look for a program called plugincontainer.exe and end task it. Lag will disappear instantly and no noticeable issues with the rest of the OS from there once it is shut down, I have a ticket into Microsoft asking what is up with this program as it jumps to 99% processor usage and stays there for a very very very long time.

Thanks for the feed back Gardner, theese kind of things is very helpfull. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

Thanks for the feed back Gardner, theese kind of things is very helpfull. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

No problems I googled it and most results came up that it is an extension manager for FireFix (which I do not use or have installed) that has been causing issues since Windows XP, have not found a way to disable it in Win10 yet till I can find out what it causing it to glitch (which is what most people have done on other OS to solve the "problem")