Website Update - Part 2

Yamagata 1st MRB

Well, it looks like the version I stopped on is on its last year of support and they are trying to move everyone to the newest version. Rather than have you guys get used to this version of the forum only to have it change again in a year, I'll be running another update this weekend. So, I'll be making yet another backup and then on Saturday night/Sunday Morning...

7arAZsE.gif

Hold onto your butts...

Good news is they improved on this version, so the stuff you are annoyed with will either be removed or changed and we can see the return of a Portal!

Thanks again for your patience.

We started the whole process back in November to get the errors fixed on our site. Their recommendation was update to either 3.4 or 4.1 at the time. It wasn't until December that they announced the end of life for 3.4, which is April 2017. It kinda makes sense that we're getting the notifications now that we're updated. Just so happened to do our updates during a version change :P

22 minutes ago, Giovannoli 1st MRB said:

Hey Yama, I really like the new look. But I was wondering if at any point in the future we will be able to see the server on the home page like in the past? Im sure youre still working on all that junk but I just wanted to ask :)

You will I'm sure :) on the previous version we had it didn't support a portal page. He or we will have to create a new portal page which we will try our best to look like the original :D

• Upvote 1

I am really enjoying the new layout. Additionally I love the new quick reply box with the source option that allows for BB Code manipulation. Additionally it's nice to have quick reply not lock up the entire site if you try and do anything else while replying. My next quest will be to see about returning my signature. If needed I'll simply copy pasta it for all of my posts because of fuck you that's why.

Addendum:

I like the fact that announcements now are visible pretty much on any page you go to. Should help to boost MOS Sign ups when announcements are made about them being open.

Edited by Marsden 1st MRB
Addendum

5 hours ago, Giovannoli 1st MRB said:

Hey Yama, I really like the new look. But I was wondering if at any point in the future we will be able to see the server on the home page like in the past? Im sure youre still working on all that junk but I just wanted to ask :)

This new forum supports something portal-esque called "Pages," I just haven't had the time to to play with it yet.  We might even be able to use that for the newsletters... We just have to learn how everything works.

As for the skin, it's got some quirks, just like the last ones did and I'll have to spend some time looking at the coding, but if you guys want to be on the lookout for a theme we can purchase and use: https://community.invisionpower.com/files/category/162-themes/ Let me know!

To bad they don't have a WWII Gamer Skin that we could use.  but, since we play a LOT of different games, maybe one of the Gamer skins would work.  Like gamer Elite, Gaming FPS, Pro gamer or Black Ops 3.  Would be real nice if we could add our own pictures to tweak it though.

4 hours ago, Konig 1st MRB said:

I don't know if it's just my eyes, but one thing that bothers me is that you can't easily tell which boards have unread posts in them anymore. The two shades of the star are too similar for me.

Changed it up a bit, star was used multiple times so I changed it to Shield instead.  Unread posts turns them green!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Yamagata 1st MRB said:

This new forum supports something portal-esque called "Pages," I just haven't had the time to to play with it yet.  We might even be able to use that for the newsletters... We just have to learn how everything works.

As for the skin, it's got some quirks, just like the last ones did and I'll have to spend some time looking at the coding, but if you guys want to be on the lookout for a theme we can purchase and use: https://community.invisionpower.com/files/category/162-themes/ Let me know!

I see Star Wars the Force Awakens is on there, and it's free... just saying... :D

There are some where you can add your own custom background, but they cost $30 not sure if this comes from Yama's pocket or if it will come from the server donations. But im sure there are some members who may have a buck or 2 to throw in :) remember never to feel obligated to donate. Make sure your RL comes first especially with your money.