Days of War Kickstarter

mentos

Hey Guys,

Not sure where the most appropriate place to post this is. Our game studio just released our Kickstarter for "Days of War" and we'd love it if you would take a look and give us your feedback on the game

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drivenarts/days-of-war

As players of DoD:S we've enjoyed playing on your servers so hoping there is a world where you may one day call our game home!

Best,

George

• Upvote 4

From what I saw in your trailer your vision closely aligns with what I have been hoping for in the next installment of DoD:S and I love that fact that for your trailer you highlighted not only the similarities by showing your version of Donner but also expanded on the availability for drastically different points of play with the clips from the forest map in there. Once I have some funds available you have my backing XD

Kick started!

Quesionts;

Will there for sure be dedicated servers?

Will there be a realism mod similar to what we run in DoD:S

Will it just be Americans vs German or will we see some British and Japanese?

Where is the trench gun!

Thanks!

And why haven't you brought this to Mac as well? (I have an XBOX1, but would rather play this on my computer.)

Will there for sure be dedicated servers?

-Yes and 'listen servers' where the client can host a game are also possible.

Will there be a realism mod similar to what we run in DoD:S?

-Currently we allow server admins to tweak settings such as the damage scale and friendly fire with a GUI interface but we have a long term goal to let you set damage stats for individual weapons to give admins more fine grained control.

Will it just be Americans vs German or will we see some British and Japanese?

-We're looking at adding British/Russian for the first 2 new factions with an eye on Italian/Canadian/Japanese/French/Polish forces. It will come down to what the community wants to see first.

Where is the trench gun!

-Haha this is actually a personal favorite of mine! Glad I have +1 support for this look for this in an update soon.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions!

Share the kickstarter with friends/gamers you think would be interested. We've made great progress in only 18 hours but we still have a decent way to go!

Also, a vote on greenlight would go a long way too! steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=633799024

Right now rifle grenades are still set to explode on a timer rather than on impact.

The game will be a one time payment to play indefinitely but our plan is to provide content updates free of charge as we hate how pay-for DLC can fragment a community.

We had a big day yesterday but we still could use all of the help raising awareness and growing momentum for Days of War.

If you guys could share the kickstarter and greenlight with as many friends/gamers as you can it would go a long way in helping us secure our funding goal and getting the game into your hands sooner!

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drivenarts/days-of-war

Greenlight: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=633799024

Let me know if you guys have any further questions!

Will there be active voice usage by the characters? For example, a grenade is tossed your way do your character automatically yell grenade? Or do you have to do it manually via keybinds?

Will there be any customizations of your playermodel? For example to have your characters clothes look more worn and battle-scarred and perhaps some netting on the helmet or some camouflage?

Weapon customizations? Like a bayonet or option to not use riflegrenades as riflemen? And of course the look of your weapon if its dirty or well maintained.

Its looking really well other than that, so i might back it.

Will there be active voice usage by the characters? For example, a grenade is tossed your way do your character automatically yell grenade? Or do you have to do it manually via keybinds?

-We prefer to leave this to the player so they have to use a keybinding or yell out over voice chat.

Will there be any customizations of your playermodel? For example to have your characters clothes look more worn and battle-scarred and perhaps some netting on the helmet or some camouflage?

-We have a system in place that makes the player dirtier over time. But currently this is just for the lifetime of the server, so they would start off clean when they join and then if they played for an up to an hour they would accumulate a lot of wear and tear. 

Weapon customizations? Like a bayonet or option to not use riflegrenades as riflemen? And of course the look of your weapon if its dirty or well maintained.

-We may add customizations like wear and tear to weapons but right now we are only offering a silver/gold side arm for our Kickstarter backers.

>Its looking really well other than that, so i might back it.

Any bit of support would go a long way! Even if you just share with any friends, gamers or youtube channels you think would be interested!

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drivenarts/days-of-war

Greenlight: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=633799024

Feel free to ask any other questions! 

Would you guys think about adding options for rank patches on characters? And being able to actually pick what one you have (once youve gotten to that rank). Is there is a ranking system at all? 

I think as a WWII game its hard to add things like attachments to guns and that sort of thing. But Im sure aesthetic addons would be a welcomed addition to your game. Even if its simple things like adding clan tags to your gun or something of that nature. 

I think rank and community insignia would be cool but I hope that it doesn't just become another CoD where all the focus is on "customizing your toon" in the barraks and just spray and pray/spam grenades no skill chaos with squeekers everywhere. The reason I still play Day of Defeat Source is simply for the fact that it is not Call of Duty in any aspect of it's gameplay beyond the fact that it is an arena style first person shooter based in a time period that the original (and only good ones I might add) Call of Duty's took place in.

Edited by Marsden 1st MRB

So far it sounds like its going to be something great but I do have a question about the map creation. Are we as player going to be able to create maps and is it going to be a program included in the game or will it be something different. Also will the program be easy to use or will you have to have a lot of experience with that type of thing?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, McDowell 1st MRB said:

At least spell it out man! XD 1st Marine Raiders Battalion! 

I'm actually debating on pledging the same too .. just gotta crunch some numbers really fast to make sure I still have enough saved up for my trip to Japan!

On a personal note, this game looks absolutely fantastic!! Especially for map making! Absolutely incredible!

Well remember that the money doesn't come out of your account until it's successfully funded. You'll have to have 400 dollars sitting on the side until then. 

And ya I should have spelled it out lol. 

First off I want to say I am super excited that you guys are doing this and I am backing it 100%. I've been playing DOD since 1999 and it's great to see it will continue to move forward. There is only one question I have and it is the most important question.

Will you bring back the rifle butt stroke and bayonet thrust from the original dod??   XD

I'll be sending you some $$ very soon to help you guys out. Thanks for still supporting the WW2 shooter community, it's been a long time coming and I'm glad to see you guys taking the initiative.

I think I speak for all of the 1st Marine Raider Battalion that we are super excited to continue keeping the community alive!!!

This game looks amazing! Hats off to you guys. As other members of the 1st Marine Raider Battalion have stated having the ability to create realisms is paramount. We are a DoD:S Realism unit, and having to tools would be greatly appreciated. I am a big fan of everything WWII and you guys look like you have done the genre justice and feel the same. I look forward to pledging money to your cause real soon and eagerly await a chance to play!

Would you guys think about adding options for rank patches on characters? And being able to actually pick what one you have (once youve gotten to that rank). Is there is a ranking system at all? 

Right now there are no plans for a ranking system. If we did add one it would be for clans to signify member ranks and not for weapon unlocks (which we are avoiding entirely). We want to give players all of the weapons they can possibly play with on day 1.

Also is it going to be old school health packs you pick up off dead guys? Or is it going to be a health regen thing? or is it going to be like dods with a voice command?

Right now the plan is to test a med pack drop from a medic class who would have an M1Carbine, colt1911, med pack and 2 smoke grenades (for allies).

Are we as player going to be able to create maps and is it going to be a program included in the game or will it be something different. Also will the program be easy to use or will you have to have a lot of experience with that type of thing?

Yes! This is actually why I took some time in getting back to you guys here. I had my head down working on the mod tools, we're really excited with the progress we made in only a few days

Will you bring back the rifle butt stroke and bayonet thrust from the original dod?? 

Yes I think this is something that most players agree they would like the option to have.

Guys thank you for all of your support! We were Greenlit yesterday and we are interested in putting the mod tools up on Steam to start testing distribution as soon as possible so if you are interested in previewing the mod tools head over to www.playdaysofwar.com and signup with the 'enlist' form! 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Edited by mentos
  • Upvote 1