Resolved - Server Issues

Candy 1st MRB

Question

Name: Wully Wonka

Type of issue:  Software/Server

Brief Description of Issue:

i have trouble in the server. Console is facked up when i play on your server (when i wanna check hits ertc)

1 line keeps popping up 100 times every second "Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ bandage\bandage.mp3 ]"

Also evry 20 min (or so) my game gets cut off my screen gets stuck, i can still hear every sound and i can here me moving when i try to move but i dont see any change....so i have to quit every 20 min and restart the game.

Can i get this fixed? and does the1 has to do something with the other?

Thank you for your time and i hope you get some nasty rage cause i owned you guys again and girls afcorse :p.

(sorry for the bad english tho)

peace

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line***

Current Status: Resolved

Researching

Pending Reply

Resolved

Unresolved

Main Technician: TSgt. S. Woz

Supporting Technician: WO. Candy

Edited by Woz 1st MRB

21 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Woz 1st MRB said:

Try finding all of the sound.cache files in this folder and its sub-folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Day of Defeat Source\dod

After deleting these files, open Day of Defeat:Source and enter this command in the console:

snd_restart

Then see if the console errors go away.

Whatever you done to my laptop its creepy :P

IT WORKED!!!

TY so much for evry1 who tried to help me!! i appreciate it

cause after all i am just a pubber :P (for now?)

• Upvote 1

Try finding all of the sound.cache files in this folder and its sub-folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Day of Defeat Source\dod

After deleting these files, open Day of Defeat:Source and enter this command in the console:

snd_restart

Then see if the console errors go away.

• Upvote 1

He probably needs to delete his bandage download and let the server re-download it.  Or manually download the sound himself.

As for game issues, I doubt it's the server's fault (otherwise we would hearing a lot more reports of the issue).  Have him verify the integrity of his game cache.

I tend to agree on the the latter part as well Lt. Col. I have had that happen myself, the picture goes and the sound stays and all I can do is reboot my system. Try taking a can of air and blowing the dust out of the inside of your case, the dust can cause the video card/processor to overheat. As far as someone helping you via ventrilo, right now not many of our technicians are around during the day, I am personally at work. It would have to be in the evening sometime. Thanks for the assist Lt. Col.!

No sir, it did not :(

the server problem thing might be my laptop idk altough i havent gotten it on a diffrent server yet.

about the bondage thing. i doawnload it again i put it in tmy folders again on the right spot.

It did not work i removed the old one and stuck in the new one and it didnt work s idk :P

i am not good with computers so i dont even know what to do really :P

ty anyway so far tho :P

Update:

The problem is still there.

It might sound weird but i think both are related.

I tested this on a server and for 1 straight hour i did not "lag out".

on your server i lag out after 15 min of playtime (maybe 20 i guess it depends).

So i hope thta someone really can help me with it cause it sucks to rejoin (+ reopen dod) evry 15 min

Ty for the help so far :)

On 4/8/2016 at 1:14 PM, Yamagata 1st MRB said:

Have him verify the integrity of his game cache.

Did you verify your game cache?

In the library view right click on Day of Defeat and do properties. There should be a tab that lets you verify the game cache integrity. See if that helps and I will continue to research.

It appears that we have exhausted all means of correcting the problem. From what you have said and what we have tried to fix this issue it is still up in the air as to the problem. I can see ways it would be hardware, software or even Steam itself. I will continue to look for ways to fix this problem but for now I am marking it unresolved until further notice and will leave it open for a time.

Well back in the day i had some trouble with other stuff and someone helped me out trougha  programe where he can control my laptop from his laptop (idk what the programe is called).

We can try this if you want to so you can look into my laptop itself so you might fiend the problem :)

cause it really sucks and i trully believe the lagging out has also something to do with it :(

Its jsut weird that it is just on your server as well :'(