Late night (11pm pst+) server rule issues

So late at night I typically check in for an hour just to make sure the server is running smoothly and people are having fun. Lately, the last week or two, I have found there are some significant issues regarding trolls and rule breakers. Mass tkers, mic spammers, Trump 2016 tags and sprays and trolling has gotten really out of hand and I have had to issue many bans, 4 just last night, including one to a server regular. As of now I usually issue 3-4 warnings before a kick\ban but I feel now that this is getting out of hand I will need to take swifter action or I will need another admin to help later at night. I had reports from a pvt. who was on late night last night of a regular tker who comes on late at night and mass tks then leaves. I'm pretty sure I found who it was and issued him and his friends 24 hour bans. However if they return and continue, I may feel it is prudent to issue permanent bans. These people keep coming back and repeating the same things, killing the server late at night, which, once it is empty, stays that way. The server should be a place for fun at all times, and at night it is turning from that into diarrhea stew of annoying bullshit.

I've seen this also with Muppet at night tkers and trolls coming in and just ruining a good atmosphere. They receive plenty of warnings and just continue to comeback even after a kick and cause trouble for us and regulars. From what I have seen the admins that are on around that time usually 1 maybe 2 are much more forgiving and lenient than I would be with some of these people. Maybe less warnings and more action should happen for awhile resulting in bans depending on offense I'm not saying permanent bans I'm saying 24 hour bans and give them time to think before they comeback possibly a new thread where temp ban names and steam ID's can be easily accessible by everyone in one list so that when they do comeback and if they cause problems again they can be swiftly dealt with instead of warned multiple times.

On a side note I know anytime I've had a pubber message me or bring issues up to me if we have not had an admin in the server any admin I message whether it be BAR or a unit member has been swiftly to join the server and help out. Same way when I have been in there with no admins and had a problem they were swiftly able to come themselves or send someone so there is a positive in that and I know it can be a pain for you fellas and ladies but it's greatly appreciated.

I have noticed this problem in general Muppet. The solid, respectful core players bow out usually when late night beckons. I have been on sporadically late at night and will try to be on more to help.

I think that with as many admins that we have (SSgt. and up) this should not be a problem that you should tackle alone. We need to focus on our server rank so we should have a few more of these ranks on at these times.

If we can get this culture going that we have in prime time of good, respectful game play (barring a few exceptions) we can foster this type of play as the night progresses and possibly get the core players to stay a bit longer. Let's get with it admins, devote a little time to helping with this problem!

I normally don't play quite that late, so i cannot comment on late night antics, but I have noticed a general disregard for apologizing when people TK.  I can't count the number of times I have been TK'd and nothing is said at all, until I pip up on voice chat and then the TKer says sorry.

I know it is not as near as bad as the things Muppet brought up, but it does play into the whole respect idea.  people should be apologizing for TKs and warned if they don't.

I have not been as active of late but have noticed the same problem with late nights in the pub for a long time. When I do hop on late at night I honestly spend more time typing out warnings; repeating them on voice and then in my admin console and notepad tracking which of the asshats I have already kicked and what not..... I believe that may be a part of why I don't play as much late night anymore. I basically have to open a spread sheet for my admin actions, however if the public server is currently being plagued by higher than normal amounts of assbaggery then you can expect to see me join up for a bit each evening between 2-4 AM EST.

As Warrant Office Candy has pointed out; we have plenty of members with admin [SSgt.+] so Muppet shouldn't be alone or even reliant on one or two other admins, even if it's just for a map, admin presence is noticed in the pub and appreciated by the players worth keeping.

Now of course when it gets past midnight here my time [PST] I know there is pretty much no hope for civil interactions within the public server. I believe this to be part of the more lenientness that Vranic has noticed. When it gets to be actually late nights for me, I maintain my strictness on TK'ing and the like, but when it comes to chattering on the mic and things like that, if no one complains and I don't see a mass of people leaving I leave it be. If it get's the point that it annoys me or any of the pubbers ask them to stop then it's on to warn/mute, but up to that point I take a more passive stance to hopefully get more people into the server and thus bolster our ranks further. There have been a few nights where just by letting the people that during daytime hours would be classified as spammer BS with one another that I've gotten the pub up to about 28-30 players at 2AM PST [5 EST] all just joking back and fourth at one another and minimal hostilities or offensive shit being said.

The reason I point this out is because with the late night crew, we unfortunately have to come to a bit of a compromise, if we can do that we will maintain the server as a fun and respectful place to play even far into the evening. But one thing to keep in mind is that who is playing does change the definition of "fun" within the server. It does not however change the definition of respect. TW'ers and TK'ers however need to be handled in the same manner regardless of what time it is.

In regards to people not apologizing for TK's, if you don't say anything they assume you don't care that they TK'd you. As such why would they apologize for something that neither party cares about? I know it doesn't make too much sense from our perspective as for most members it is an automatic reflex to hit the PTT and apologize immediately on a TK, but we are not normal within the DoD:S community; or honestly the online gaming community in general. And this is a good thing XD

i have heard of this happening but normally when i get any messages about any of this going on im normally in bed or im at work and cannot do a thing about it ( at the time of work im on my phone ) and i keep telling them to get me the steam id's so i can take action, but i havnt recived anything other then " tker in server please help " or " spammer in server please help "  so yes them either adding more admins or getting the steam id's would help out im sure