Car Ideas! Passed my license today yay!

S. Hunter

So as the title says, I passed my license today and now I want to start looking for a vehicle, I've always loved jeep o.o

Here's the thing, I have a two year old little man, and a newborn on th way, plus my full time job soooo super busy, plus the unit o.o

I live in Canadia land, any recommendations for a good 2010+ vehicle ?

Subaru all the way! We've had several different ones over the last 5 years all 2nd hand bought and used. We usually sell them and get another one after we beat the hell out of them. We finally got the cash flow to get a new one and got a Forester 2015. Amazing gas mileage and a ton of room, plus incredibly safe.

Subaru's are good vehicles.  They last a long time.  Also Hyundai.  last one I had I owned for 10 years before I had to replace it.  As far as Jeep is concerned, I would say no.  Who wants to drive around in a vehicle that was made by people who get drunk and high during lunch?  Do you want to take that chance with your family's safety?

My better half is die hard on Subaru she has had 2 98 imprezzas both amazing cars and took high mileage and amazing in the snow. She got hit in 1 of them and the lady totaled it only reason she got rid of it. So if a 90s one can handle that then a new one would be good plus they are rated the safest car. I have a 2014 Hyundai Santa fe and I love it does amazing on long car trips lots of space in it very good gas mileage and it has Bluetooth heated seats back up camera etc. Best car I've ever had and I've had a Pontiac g6 chevy trailblazer chevy Tahoe Honda civic etc. My grandmother drove a Hyundai Santa fe for years. I would also recommend looking at a Nissan rogue my grandmother has one and it is quite the little crossover. I would not recommend jeeps especially with children they are not safe they can tip easy they break and are expensive to fix. Hope this helps.

15 hours ago, Ripley 1st MRB said:

Get a Volvo. They last forever. I love mine.

First one that's got the right idéa here, I got a volvo 850 from like 98 or 95 can't remember, and it's still going strong man, my dad got a new v70 and it's really nice, not expensive either and good L/100km

With all do respect... The people from across the pond... Your cars even if they have the same model/number are made different with different standards than here in the states. Just look below:

140716095006-2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-1024x576.jpg

VS.

jeremy_clarkson_p50.jpg

See even the same model Corvette looks a lot different!!!

Only bonus is, the European car comes with a life size replica of 1stLt. Quarterman.

Guest Boone 1st MRB
1 hour ago, Göthe 1st MRB said:

First one that's got the right idéa here, I got a volvo 850 from like 98 or 95 can't remember, and it's still going strong man, my dad got a new v70 and it's really nice, not expensive either and good L/100km

lol you're just saying that cuz volvo is made in your country ahah, but they are good cars :P

2 hours ago, Boone 1st MRB said:

lol you're just saying that cuz volvo is made in your country ahah, but they are good cars :P

And robust. Anything you hit will leave a dent while the volvo will carry on trucking. 

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Shank 1st MRB said:

With all do respect... The people from across the pond... Your cars even if they have the same model/number are made different with different standards than here in the states. Just look below:

140716095006-2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-1024x576.jpg

VS.

jeremy_clarkson_p50.jpg

See even the same model Corvette looks a lot different!!!

Only bonus is, the European car comes with a life size replica of 1stLt. Quarterman.

Hmm, if we go like you say then why dont we compare

phpa9izsm.jpg

VS

2001431302.jpg

16 hours ago, Barry 1st MRB said:

Don't lie you own a Renault Espace.

If I had five kids I would own a Renault Espace. My Uncle had one for years. We called it 'the bus'. Ugly as sin but if you need to carry a load of people it does the job.

This is mine:

volvo-c70-004.jpg

I don't know much about cars but I know my Father had a bargain when he bought this. It goes like shit off a shovel! Still amazes me I have never been caught speeding. I have had three fines for parking in bus stops though.

haha thanks for the laughs guys, actually I've been around jeeps my whole life and they've outdone most brands around me. If anyone rolls it they obviously weren't driving it properly, but I'll be looking at volkswaggen, volvo is a bit pricy up here.

Wasn't it a Jeep that rolled backwards and killed the guy who played Chekov in the new Star Trek movies?  It was due to a transmission problem that should have been recalled but was not recalled properly.  slipped out of gear and pinned him against a stone wall.  Just Saying, you don't want a vehicle made by people who get drunk and high at lunch.