Days of War Realism Community - Invite

Switz

RC_Header.jpg

The Days of War Realism Community

The Days of War Realism Community has been created recently and is calling on all realism players of DoW to partake as we help forge together the new Realism Community in this new game.  One of your Marines posted the 1st MRB's intention of expanding into Days of War.
For those who do not know, during 2005-2010 realism was very popular in Day of Defeat Source with hundreds of realism units operating at some point within or beyond this time frame, Realism Communities sprang up one after another that intended to bring all within the Realism Community together in one setting to form it's own separate community within DODS. 

WHAT IS THE INTENTION OF THE DAYS OF WAR REALISM COMMUNITY

If lead in the right direction with input from a diverse staff, these types of communities can do a lot to help bridge and unite like-minded realism players together in a positive and proactive environment.

The Days of War Realism Community (DOW-RC) will contain all that you would expect.  A database of all available realism oriented training maps and custom made scripts, mapping assets, giveaways, instructional guides and of course a community to host discussions.

Where we are adding on is focusing a lot of effort into the average player who is seeking a Realism Unit to join by providing very informative "Unit Pages" about each unit who is registered with the DOW-RC.  These pages include statistics about each units level of focus (requirements imposed on it's members)  on the four main areas most individuals look at when deciding to join a group.  These requirements are "Activity", "Realism Focus", Strictness" and "Competitiveness".  Each of these levels are determined by a formula based on the answers a unit provides during their registration so that each unit involved will have their data pulled from the same source as the other.

Another area the DOW-RC will pursue will be tournaments mainly to keep activity up.  These will in no way carry any prestige like past Realism Leagues such as the UWFL and only those within the DOW-RC will compete if they wish.  Same goes for even 6 man tournaments and even joint tournaments where members of different units can team up.  Anything and everything to give your members more to do if they want.

HOW TO JOIN THE DAYS OF WAR REALISM COMMUNITY

Currently, the DOW-RC is still very new.  We expect to have our website published early to mid January so we can ensure as much work and material has been added to it before release.  For now, we have a Public Steam Group for any intending to play in your Days of War section(s) a chance to discuss possible staff member positions if your unit allows along with going ahead and getting to meet fellow soon to be Realism Players in Days of War.

steam_logo.png

Thank you for letting us know about these plans, obviously as we are working to expand into Days of War this is very exciting news to us. There are several of us waiting with baited breath for the public purchase window through Steam as we missed the Kickstarter window T.T

I personally am very excited to get involved with this forming community and look forward to utilizing the community resources you have available to schedule skirmishes within the community.

On a side note we were curious as to what the Server set up situation will be during the early access period; will there be privately hosted servers or will they be available to host directly through your website? Or alternatively will there not be direct server hosting available until full release of the game?

Not a whole lot of information about private servers yet (at least in terms of date, but it is rumored some will have it for EA).  I think for EA they plan to limit who can host so that they can still ensure players on their Dev Servers for further monitoring.  That is what I am grasping whilst speaking with the developers and others in the DoW Community.  Clans who backed via a clan option will obviously have priority because we shelled out hundreds and thousands in support.  But after that, hopefully they open it up to more groups or to all.  From the amount of hype we are finally seeing in this game, I think it is safe to say that more servers will be needed if and when player base becomes too much for the few who where given access to creating a private server.  

As for how many resources it uses for server operators, I cannot divulge that just yet due to that falling under NDA.  But I can say to not expect anything out of norm.  

As this will be many of ours first server in a game that we are not used to, I'll be sure to make server administration Wiki's as top priority on the DOW-RC.  Trust me, I'll be learning from scratch like the rest of us.  I have literally lived in source based engine games for the past 10 years!  

**Very glad to see a fellow Marine unit and a very long and successful DODS unit eager to get involved.  Already with the 5th, 6th RB and 91te LLID  in the same position, I believe the DoW Realism Community is getting off to the best possible start you could hope for.  

Edited by Switz

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings again Marines,

I am here to give you a simple update that the Days of War Realism Community will be launching it's new community center (website) in just a couple of weeks.  

Unit Invites will go out in January 14th.  It is at this time that unit leaders for the 1st MRB's DOW sections to come together to decide whether or not to join the community.  The form that you will be filling out to register is very long and will take time to complete.  It asks a lot of detailed questions about your unit so that we can gather enough information to construct the overall scores for your unit pages which cover your units overall strictness/needs level in the following categories: Activity requirements, Focus on being realistic, Competitiveness and Professional standards/etiquette.  You will definitely need with you someone very knowledgeable about the up to date policies of your unit whilst completing the registration form.  

Realism Units interested in joining the DOW-RC will have a few perks associated with membership of which include:

1. Option to be testers for any realism related game modes/scripts made by members within the DOW-RC

2. Optional Leagues, Tournaments and bilateral competitions amongst units and/or members of units within the DOW-RC

3. A Individual Unit Page that lists your units overall requirements for joining/maintaining membership in regards to playing activity requirements, professionalism standards, Overall strictness enforced on it's members, and competitive mindset. These levels are graded using a unbiased formula to determine overall scores that is used on every unit within the DOW-RC. The statistics provided will greatly assist unitless players find the perfect unit that fits their preference on whom to join. 

4. Community devoted entirely to the Realism Community, DOW news and offers a platform to quickly find information on other units to establish collaboration efforts.

5. Ability to upload and share instructional wikis, maps, mods and other game specific additions, artwork and assets.  

6. Each unit who is registered will also have their public game server(s) displayed, RSS feed of their Public Steam Groups displayed and Will have their own dedicated unit account set up in which they can then edit their unit page and unit's forum profile page that is attached to the RSS feed.  

**The website is a little behind schedule. We decided to go with a completely custom theme made from scratch which is currently being coded. We aim to release sometime around the Jan 15-21. 

Also, we are still searching for more staff members.  Namely we need one more website/forum administrator to assist with unit additions and fixing/adding new material once it is discovered after launch.  We are also in large need of forum moderators to help assist and moderate the forums.  If this sounds like something that interests you, please discuss with your command and apply for a staff position here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dow-rc/discussions/0/152391285463624480/

Edited by Switz

logo_s1.png

DOW-RC

Greetings Devil Dogs,

The DOW-RC is almost ready to open (Monday) and we are going ahead and getting any units interested in joining the chance to go ahead and fill out a registration form.  Please note that the DOW-RC will allow any unit in the Days of War community to participate in it, but by "registering" you enjoy a few added perks that non-registered units do not get.  These include:

Your own individual page on the website.  This page will be extremely useful in your recruiting efforts and your status as a registered unit will not go unnoticed.  Each page will have a graph showing every units "Requirement Levels" in four very important categories that a player seeking a unit to join would find very helpful.  Your graph is constructed based off the answers you give during your unit's registration.

Every Registered Unit will have their Public Steam Group Page 's announcements (if they have one) added as a RSS feed to the websites forums to alert all realism players of the community of events or news your unit is hosting.

Registered units are also allowed to enter any optional tournaments or leagues the DOW-RC hosts.  We will be running a variety of these types of events in the future, but for now, most of our tournaments will be made up of groups of friends within the DOW-RC making a team together until more Realism Units get involved in Days of War

Registered units also get preference to help test any mods and scripts we make for the Realism Community.  Our first project is to recreate the WRM mode seen in COD.  Classic Realism mode as seen in DODS looks to be taken care of by the developers at Days of War so we will hold off on that until we see what the developers construct.

To Register Your Unit, Click Here
**We are hosting the registration form on my units website until we open the DOW-RC.  You can also check to see what your "Recruiting Levels" will be in the email that is sent to you after registering.**

The DOW-RC when opened on Monday will only have it's forums operating.  Our main website hit some delays and we will not be releasing it for another month.  We have ported over all the functions promised by the DOW-RC to the forums so everything will be up and running at least.  We ask that you help us advertise the community to current and future members and realism players you meet in Days of War to help our community grow.  

We have a Steam Group that any can join and can invite fellow realism players to: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dow-rc