Resolved - My Laptop is possibly broken?

Wang

Question

Name: Jason Wang

Type of issue: Possibly software or hardware
Brief Description of Issue: This has been a problem with my laptop for a few months now, however I finally started getting bothered by it. Although my laptop was already really basic and not a proper gaming laptop it could run very basic games such as World of Tanks Blitz (this was a mobile game ported onto PC) however I got really disappointed in how low the frames were when it came to running a game such as Battlefield 2: Bad Company. So, knowing that my brother had better knowledge of computers than I did I was told to just uninstall useless things that I didn't need (majority of my steam games). After all of this I was advised to do a disk defrag just to clean up my computer even further. Now after all of this I noticed that my laptop had turned unreasonably slow and would keep on freezing for a good minute or to with certain apps open (specifically Discord). This is when I decided I should restart my laptop only to realize that the restart had lasted a very short period of time (e.g my restarts would take 3+ minutes before but now took less than a minute. It was then that my brother advised that I should probably do a system restore because of how bad in shape my laptop was after the "clean up", but I didn't notice any difference. Now, it's really hard to communicate on my laptop (e.g ventrilo with day of defeat"). If I were to run World of Tanks Blitz and discord either my frames and loading time would take a major beating or my discord would keep on freezing/freezing my computer (most cases all of these would happen). My laptop can no longer run basic games and it almost struggles to run Day of Defeat. I only brought submit this ticket now because a couple months back I couldn't get any help but now I'm very active on my laptop. Thanks in advance

P.S I tried to keep it very short but a lot had happened at the time.

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line***
Current Status: Resolved

Main Technician: J. Candy

Supporting Technician:

6 answers to this question