Resolved - Vent

Gilmore 1st MRB

Question

Name: Ron Gilmore

Type of issue: Hardware

Brief Description of Issue:

Hey all! I have successfully built the new computer and I have run into a couple of errors trying to make Vent work properly. I figured out how to get my headphones to work finally in Vent but I can not get the Mic to work at all. I am getting a couple error messages when I try some of the online fixes. I don't know if I can transmit at all through my mic.

"Can not transmit because the program has not successfully openned a sound input device such as a desktop or headset based microphone. Please check your hardware configuration and any reported errors during connection."

"Failed to open sound input device. rc=-1, Open input wave device failed."

"Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.
DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed. HR=DSERR_NODRIVER. No sound driver is available for use"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also being able to log into my old Vent account would be good too. No idea how to do that.

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line***

Current Status: Resolved

Main Technician: Capt. McDowell

Supporting Technician: J. Candy

17 answers to this question

WOOOOOOOOO FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fans were installed correctly. After installing the fans I checked to make sure that they would turn on, after they did I made the mistake of shutting off the computer. It was a mistake because it was apparently downloading some drivers/windows update. I nuked my hard drive. So I reinstalled windows and am now typing from a more or less %100 brand new computer!!!!

Make sure your Realtek Audio HD drivers are up to date. That was the issue with my stuff until I updated my drivers. Use that driver program I told you about and see if that helps. I can work with you on this later tonight, just let me know when you're on.

Edited by Shank 1st MRB

i think I may have found the issue... maybe: This will not update nor can Microsoft find the drivers to support it. 

PCI Simple Communications Controller

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2BA&SUBSYS_1C3A1458&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2BA&SUBSYS_1C3A1458
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2BA&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2BA&CC_0780

his headset uses a single 3.5mm cable whereas the board he has has multiple input/output jacks (e.g. Dedicated mic, dedicated speaker/headphone, dedicated line in, and possibly dedicated subwoofer) as any board that I have encountered with dedicated in/output jacks do not facilitate dual channel input/output we have found the problem.

Most likely fixes:

• Splitter to make his single 3.5mm input/output cable into two cables, one input, one output
  • Purchase new headset that has split input output cable
  • Purchase new headset that utilizes USB instead of 3.5mm audio jack

So I can confirm if this is 100% the case can you post your Motherboards make model number please? I believe you listed the following:

Manufacturer

Gigabyte

Part #

GA-Z270P-D3

From the listings I was able to find off of Gigabyte's website is that it does indeed have seperate input output for audio:

4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports

2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports

3 x audio jacks (Line In, Line Out, Mic In)

Well... might as well re-hijack my own thread. I installed two case fans using the molex cables. They both run, all the lights turn on, get a single BIOS beep. All good... or so I thought. It will not progress past the Gigabyte BIOS page to windows. It just stays there with a single "_" blinking in the top left corner.

Kind of freaking out, I checked the cables and they all seem to be plugged in so I don't think I knocked anything out. Even when I only run 1 fan at a time or just the original fan that was built into the case it won't progress.

Here's a picture and vid maybe it makes more sense? Idk, I just took the whole thing apart and relaunched it both ways, with all 3 fans and with just original fan. Still same outcome. My mom is going to come over Sunday and take a look. Part of me feels like I might have to send back the power supply and get a 7-800W (overkill) rather than 550w. 

BS.gif

IMG_3359.jpg