Ready to Return / Where I've Been

Davenport 1st MRB

Hello Raiders!

It has been months since I have played DODS and I have often felt bad about completely dropping off the radar here at the 1st MRB without any real explanation.  Since I have always been a part of Bravo Company I wasn't sure if I needed to post any sort of LOA or ELOA and the days turned to weeks turned to months.  I only just now hopped on steam for the first time in almost just as long.  As you might imagine, I simply had too many real world obligations to fit in any time to dedicate to gaming at all but happy to report that I think I may be on the way to returning regularly. 

This past February I had a sudden and abrupt job/career change and that is really at the root of this.  Before I was working from home on my computer all day which allowed for many opportunities to log on and play a few rounds and I did so 4-5+ days per week regularly.  One fateful day I went over to this store near by that sells bikes, shoes, and swim stuff - everything a triathlete needs - and next thing I know I have an opportunity to leave my job to work in the endurance sports industry.  I haven't really shared this round these parts, but if any of you have looked me up on Facebook you'd see that triathlon has been a hobby of mine for years.  With my wife's support I decided to take a pay cut and totally change my work life.  Now-a-days I run a store called Fit TRI Run in Galveston Texas and we sell everything from running shoes to sweet bikes to swim goggles plus we are also a multi-sport coaching company as well.  For the past few months I have been getting used to my new schedule for work (retail hours) and also fitting in 12+ hours of training and my gaming time has completely gone away.

More recently I have been spending any spare time I have working on completing my coaching certification and I decided that once that was done I would try to find a way to squeeze gaming back in because honestly I miss it!  Last week I passed my final exam for the IRONMAN Certified Coaching program and I am very glad to have that done and behind me.  I have a small back room here at the store where I can set up to play DODS and I am going to try to log on and play a few rounds as many afternoons that I can (between 2pm and 6pm CST).  Never know what's going to happen because it is retail - but even if I only get 10-15 minutes a day that will be more than it has been!  Not sure if and when I will be able to return to activities like BCTs and Realisms but for now I figure the least I can do is help keep the pub fuller and use the admin powers ya'll have so graciously granted me to ensure our server is not being abused by TK'ers and mic-spammers and what not.  If there is anything major I have missed or if there is any paperwork required for me to return please let me know!!  Otherwise I will see you on the pub and in the private (hopefully!)

...and if any of you ever had any questions about the sport of triathlon or any interest in signing up for one yourself please don't hesitate to reach out!  

p.s. I guess technically I have been playing a video game - but it is the online cycling game Zwift and I use it regularly for indoor training sessions :-p

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1