Quote Thread

Collins

on other fronts me and holland are talking about expect to much out of people and he said i should post what i said here

Speaking of grammar, this sentence needs work.

speaking of sentences that need work, Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Speaking of grammar that needs sentences...

on other fronts me and holland are talking about expect to much out of people and he said i should post what i said here

Speaking of grammar, this sentence needs work.

Fixed it

On other fronts, Holland and I were talking about him expecting to much out of people. He said I should post what I said here.

And this is why I never try to post anything on the forums, to many grammar vultures out there just itching to point out a mistake. Maybe ill start posting essays on here for you gents to correct.

Grammar vultures? I don't quite agree with that analogy; we do not pray on the scraps of the botched word, gnawing away on the errors and leaving nothing in its place. Instead, we are merely trying to teach how to write like an educated individual, one who will be taken seriously in the world once they grow older. The power of the written word is far beyond what most give it credit for, and the first step to utilizing that power is by conveying your thoughts in an universally comprehended manner.

We are not grammar vultures; we are grammar wizards, saving the unsuspecting forum poster and maintaining a balance between the droll and incomprehensible stupidity so rampant on the 'net, and the classy manicured preservation of the sanctity of written communication.

We deserve motherfuckin' medals.

And this is why I never try to post anything on the forums, to many grammar vultures out there just itching to point out a mistake. Maybe ill start posting essays on here for you gents to correct.

Grammar vultures? I don't quite agree with that analogy; we do not pray on the scraps of the botched word, gnawing away on the errors and leaving nothing in its place. Instead, we are merely trying to teach how to write like an educated individual, one who will be taken seriously in the world once they grow older. The power of the written word is far beyond what most give it credit for, and the first step to utilizing that power is by conveying your thoughts in an universally comprehended manner.

We are not grammar vultures; we are grammar wizards, saving the unsuspecting forum poster and maintaining a balance between the droll and incomprehensible stupidity so rampant on the 'net, and the classy manicured preservation of the sanctity of written communication.

We deserve motherfuckin' medals.

Haha I dont know, maybe its just the fact that it took me till 6th grade to learn the English language. And I still obviously as Kirk so kindly pointed out mess it up. So I used to hate when people corrected me because I took it as an insult but now I take it as help and an addition to me still trying to learn English.

On an unrelated note to the above;

Tim Brown - "Grammar vultures? I don't quite agree with that analogy; we do not pray on the scraps of the botched word, gnawing away on the errors and leaving nothing in its place. Instead, we are merely trying to teach how to write like an educated individual, one who will be taken seriously in the world once they grow older. The power of the written word is far beyond what most give it credit for, and the first step to utilizing that power is by conveying your thoughts in an universally comprehended manner.

We deserve motherfuckin' medals."

On an unrelated note to the above;

Tim Brown - "Grammar vultures? I don't quite agree with that analogy; we do not pray on the scraps of the botched word, gnawing away on the errors and leaving nothing in its place. Instead, we are merely trying to teach how to write like an educated individual, one who will be taken seriously in the world once they grow older. The power of the written word is far beyond what most give it credit for, and the first step to utilizing that power is by conveying your thoughts in an universally comprehended manner.

We deserve motherfuckin' medals."

When one quotes, or references Brown on grammar. I seem to pop back to this old quote:

SSgt. K. Gardner [1st MRB]: your book better be good!!!

SSgt. T. Brown [1st MRB]: IT IS THE SINGLE GREATEST PIECE OF LITERATURE TO EVER GRACE THIS LUCKY PLANET

SSgt. K. Gardner [1st MRB]: lol

SSgt. K. Gardner [1st MRB]: well I read an average of 3 to 5 novels a week

SSgt. T. Brown [1st MRB]: IT WILL REDEFINE AN ENTIRE GENERATION OF INBRED NONREADING IDIOTS INTO A GLORIOUS COMMUNITY OF LITERATE AND COMPATENT INDIVIDUALS

SSgt. K. Gardner [1st MRB]: and have been for the last 29 years, so I have a good reference to compare it too lol

SSgt. T. Brown [1st MRB]: IT WILL PROVIDE WORLD PEACE THAT WILL LAST EONS

SSgt. T. Brown [1st MRB]: IT WILL CURE CANCER AND AIDS

SSgt. T. Brown [1st MRB]: IT WILL MAKE SPIDERS CUDDELY AND HARMLESS

SSgt. K. Gardner [1st MRB]: oh god, its not one of those self help books is it......

SSgt. T. Brown [1st MRB]: IT WILL IMPREGNANTE EVERY SINGLE WOMAN WHO COMES WITHIN 2 METERS OF IT WITH A GENIUS BABY

SSgt. T. Brown [1st MRB]: IT WILL GIVE ALL MEN LARGE PENISES

SSgt. T. Brown [1st MRB]: nah but its alright

SSgt. K. Gardner [1st MRB]: so its about Chuck Norris?

SSgt. T. Brown [1st MRB]: ew no

SSgt. K. Gardner [1st MRB]: lol

Whatever Brown, your spelling is still appalling.

NONREADING - I'm pretty sure the word is 'illiterate' but this should still say 'non-reading'

COMPATENT - Competent

CUDDELY - Cuddly

IMPREGNANTE - Impregnate

its - it's

Yes, the spelling police have arrived.

Nee Naw, motherfuckers.

I know, I know. I seem to have two settings when writing, either atrocious or immaculate. Nothing really in between. Always welcome to corrections though, so BRING IT ON.