Computer is slow all of a sudden?

Clark

Question

Yesterday seemingly out of nowhere my computer started running incredibly slow. I'm unable to play any games. I looked at my windows task manager and whatever app I'm using seems to be taking an incredible amount of CPU to run. I'm concerned because this came out  of nowhere. I tried Norton Security to clear for viruses, changed the settings of my computer to high performance and even tried running DoD:S on different memory versions in the source console but nothing stops how slow its running.  Any assistance possible? 

2 answers to this question

You say whatever applications you are using are consuming high amounts of CPU? Are there any in particular chewing through more than others? Also is your HDD activity indication light constantly on and reflecting high disk usage in Task Manager/Performance Monitor?

If you boot in safe-mode are you still seeing this massive degredation of performance?

Has your computer recently overheated or have there been any recent external power events (blackouts/brownouts/lightning strikes)?

Have you recently installed any new hardware/software to the system?

Do you have Restore Points available from prior to the issue occuring?

Also for the time being I would recommend halting further configuration of restoration points until you have resolved the issue to make sure that you don't loose your older ones from before the issues began.

Unfortunately I can't add any real solution to you problem... Sorry for that. But I just want to give you a personal advice: save your personal data you want keep a soon as possible if you haven't done it before. 

I had the same exact issue with my business machine and after 3 months one morning it broke down with a bluescreen and was beyond repair. And my IT department try to fix it three time and they can't find a solution before it broke down...