Time out / Disconnect errors

Oake 1st MRB

Question

Hello Medics!

I have a problem with time out errors and disconnecting that are affecting Day of Defeat and another game called Path of Exile. I have checked my ping and it jumps occasionally up several hundreds if not thousands and then immediately back again to normal. Any help is appreciated. I am often on Discord if you need to chat for more specific information that i can give you.

Thank you in advance!

Pfc .M.Oake

--

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line*** 

Current Status: 

Researching

Resolved

Pending Reply

Edited by Flores 1st MRB

2 answers to this question

Guest Flores 1st MRB

@Oake 1st MRB, this is usually related to your internet provider or your modem. Start restarting your internet conection. Unplug and plug your modem, wifi box, etc.

If it is happening to you in two games, it has no relation to the particular configuration of DOD: S for example.

1.- Try doing a speed test on https://www.speedtest.net/ and check the latency, which is just as important as speed.

Example: 

image.png

2.- Open CMD, (click on the windows logo at the bottom left, type CMD and enter) and then ping a page from your country. For example ping www.xxxxxxxxxx.de

Example: 

image.png

You should have no packet loss and a low MS response.

Anyway, call your internet provider company and ask them to check your levels. Many times it has to do with being in a saturated area, some particular problem, wifi channels, etc. The variables are many.

Send me your results.