Favorite local & international food

Guest Flores 1st MRB

Guest Flores 1st MRB

I will start this post as my favorite local food, from my country, and international.

LOCAL - "ANTICUCHOS" - There are many versions, but the most common are meat, paprika, chicken, chorizo, onion, in small pieces crossed by an iron or wooden stick. It is cooked on the grill.

image.png

image.png

INTERNATIONAL  - BURGERS

image.png

Hmmmmm... I love food so I have to give this thread some bits:

LOCAL: "Schwäbische Schupfnudeln mit Speckkraut" (Swabian Noodles with bacon sauerkraut)

A really traditional swabian dish. "Schupfnudeln" are thick noddles made of yeast dough with some sweet-sour sauerkraut and bacon bits. Everything nice swiveld on the pan.

"Schupfnudeln" are also called "Bubaspitzla" which translates to "boys small penis" because of their size and form... ;-)

Schupfnudeln.jpg

INTERNATIONAL: Best dish ever is just simple and clean "Pizza Napoli".

Just plane after the original Neapolitan recipe with tomatoes, buffalo mozarella, a bit of basil and baked the wood stove with beechwood.

A pizza lover that never had the chance to eat a pizza in Napels has never eaten a real pizza...

Pizza Napoli.jpg

Edited by Asal 1st MRB
  • Like 4

This is the topic for me!

Local: Local to pretty much just New Jersey is the Taylor ham egg and cheese on a bagel

image.png

International: I grew up with Norwegian food and the thing that was my favorite was Lefse. It is a really thin flatbread made with potatoes, flour, butter, and milk. Super easy and super delicious with butter and sugar on it .

image.png

• Like 1

Guest Flores 1st MRB

damn!

3 minutes ago, Race 1st MRB said:

This thread is making me so hungry... Lol

Favorite local dish: (Philly) Cheesesteak. Specifically from Tony Luke's

image.png

Lots of great looking food on this thread. Favourite local would have to be Poutine, a Canadian staple with cheese curds gravy and fries, I prefer mine with Montreal smoked meat and hot peppers. 

348s.jpg

Favourite International food would have to be Pad See Ew, basically spicy noodles peanuts and vegetables. I am a huge fan of Thai food, and most oriental style cuisine. The girly and I went back in 2018 to Thailand and all of the street vendors were fantastic. 

pad-see-ew-recipe-photos-tablefortwoblog-2-500x500.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Race 1st MRB said:

I knew you were going with poutine lol. I almost did

Honestly was a tough choice, so many things to choose from but wanted to keep it Canadian ;P. Second runner up was Beaver Tails not exactly something I'd eat everyday but a delicious dessert, basically a big friend donut covered in icing sugar and I like hazelnut spread 

348s.jpg

Fun stuff.

LOCAL:  Chile Relleno                                                              -Was between this and Texas Brisket BBQ-

Living in San Antonio, TX and raised on the border, I'm very well acquainted with Mexican cuisine and I Fking love it. One of my favorite dishes is the Chile Relleno which quiet literally means "stuffed pepper". The basic form of the chile relleno is a large poblano pepper that has been charred and then has the seeds and skin removed. Next, the most basic variation, is to stuff the pepper with Mexican melting cheeses and coat with a light egg batter which then all gets lightly fried. Finally, a rich tomato based sauce that has been stewing with onions, peppers, and other spices (sometimes olives) bathes the pepper which is topped with queso fresco. Serve with rice and beans.

Different regions of Mexico have their own variations. Some with different types of meats or vegetables but the most iconic is from southern Mexico which has raisins and pine nuts!

image.png

INTERNATIONAL: Rabbit Cacciatore

I had this when traveling through Italy and now make this with chicken all the time at my house. It loosely translates to hunter's stew and can be made 1000 different ways with a few consistencies. The main idea of the dish is that the meat is stewed into a savory tomato based sauce. The rabbit variation is confit'd or cooked in its own juices before added to the stew. A key thing is the tomato sauce just as any good Italian chef will tell you. Cacciatore dishes are typically loaded with olives (wasn't a huge fan of olives until I tried this), wine, and herbs.

image.png

• Like 1

One of my all time favorite dishes directly from El Salvador in Central America:

PUPUSAS DE CALABASA

Thick round dough with cheese and zuchinni inside.

pupusas.jpg

And this savory treat directly from Armenia in the Middle East:

LAHMAJUNE

Ground beef mixed with finely chopped vegetables, layered on top of a thin round dough.

lamajeune.jpg

Edited by Vides 1st MRB

• 4 weeks later...