Hackers

Accusing someone of hacking is a very serious charge, and should not be thrown around lightly.

If you believe someone to be hacking don't:

- Antagonize the suspected player

- Abuse the suspected player with admin powers

- Kick or Ban without cause

- Kick or Ban after taking a demo

- Continuously Team Kill or Team Wound

If you believe someone to be hacking do:

- Respect the player and his possible skill level

- Call upon at least one Raider to get their opinion on the player

- Take a demo of the suspected player

- Upload the demo to Fileplanet (Or similar file-sharing website)

- Give said download link to an Officer, MP, or post on the forums for review

Now, when I say Demo, what do I mean? I mean open your console (~) and type "record (playername)" then press enter. Record the actions of the player while you are in Spectator mode, and the player is alive. Record in First-Person and make sure it is on him for all of the time he is alive. Do not record a demo and only view him when you die, between your deaths. This demo should be a lengthy demo, that way it will provide sufficient evidence to support a claim of hacking. A 4 minute demo showing of 2 1/2 lives is not sufficient evidence to convict a player of hacking. All demos submitted to an MP will also be viewed by an Officer, MP Chief, or Deputy Chief.

It goes without saying that if a player is blatantly hacking, aka spinning uncontrollably, popping headshots with every single shot, they should be banned ASAP. For said player, a demo would be preferred, although we understand if it is not possible. For such a player you will need a very short demo, as it will be obvious to everyone who views it. Follow these guidelines and you make our lives a little bit easier.

Happy Fraggin' and use your heads.