I lost my friend

Wright 1st MRB

Sadly, today I lost one of my best friends. We joined the police department in 2008 together, went to the academy together, and graduatde together. From there, we were partners for many of years. He stood in my wedding, I was a godfather to one of his kids.  Everett Briscoe, aka EB, was one of my closest friends. We were partners until I left NOPD in 2018, yet we still remained friends afterwards.  He was killed Saturday while eating dinner at a restaurant in Houston, visiting his brother. Two suspects approached him and demanded his items. Witnesses said he gave over everything, but before they left they shot him and his brother. Sadly, EB died at the hospital. I lost my friend, my brother, and my close man. I wish this didn't happen, but sadly it can't be undone;. RIP my brother, your service will never be forgotten. He was called. He served. He is counted. Miss you brother!

5d150b16ab1dc.image.jpg?resize=750,493

Edited by Wright 1st MRB
  • Sad 2

Well shit. That's not the news you want to get. My absolute condolences, and seriously, I may not have a ton of life experience yet as I am only (almost) 24, however I will listen. Talk to me if you need someone mate. Requiescat in pace

Gone but NEVER forgotten

These are those instances in life that you can't do anything about other than say what the F. I am so sorry to hear about this. Things like this shouldn't happen to anyone. I hope the suspects get apprehended and charged to the fullest extent of the law. Wright, if you need anyone to talk to my DM's are open. Once again man, I am truly sorry. 

Very sorry to hear this happened to EB. I only met him once when he had just gotten his shield. I was visiting from another jurisdiction on an old case that had become a new case. He was exceedingly kind to me, as an outsider, and guided me through a number of steps on that case. Later on, he was kind enough to take my call on a different instance with the same suspect. I greatly appreciated his helpful phone calls. What happened to him has far reaching ripples that a lot of folks will never understand. I hope a measure of justice is found here. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.