Unable to Connect to Server After Switching ISP

Race

Question

So, for the last 2 weeks, after switching our ISP, I am no longer able to connect to the public server. I can play on literally any other server except that one. Even the Private. I have tried refreshing 100 times, joining off of a Steam friend, and joining manually in console. Nothing seems to work. If I do randomly get in, I have terrible lag that I do not experience in other servers. Is there anyone that can assist? :'(

image.png

Thank you in advance <3
-TSgt. Z. Race

8 answers to this question

Race,

Since you switched ISP's recently, we will need to go through a few steps to rule other things out.

Command Prompt, type "ping  208.167.243.207", no need to include the port. Let's see how it pings the server.

After that, type the below in Command Prompt:

• Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
  • Type ipconfig /release in the command prompt and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.
  • Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released.
  • Type ipconfig /renew in the command prompt and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.
  • Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been re-established.
  • Type ipconfig /flushdns in the command prompt and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.
  • Close the command prompt and attempt to make a connection to the 1st MRB DODs sever.

That worked! I was able to connect and played for 5 mins with no lag spikes or anything. I really appreciate your help Cpl. Wright, especially while you are in recovery. <3 <3

EDIT: Just now while playing on Donner, I was getting severe lag, with no change in ping (60's-70's)

Disconnected from the server and attempted to reconnect. Got the same message as my original post. Going to try to follow these steps again to correct it.

Edited by Race 1st MRB

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.