Lost of a friend

R. Smith 1st MRB

I got a call that my best friend has passed on 10/09/2021. It was like loosing a brother to me. Fast forword after awhile it the family along time figure out where to put him to rest. He was cremated. So on april 7th on my birthday i get to fly out to say my last good bye to my best friend. losing him has fucked with me for awhile but i have to move foward. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks guys. there is not one day i do not think of him and his stupid sayings.  i leave one for you that he said alot. The best part of you ran down you'r mama ass crack ended up as brown stain on the mattress!!!! LOL but any ways there was one thing in life he teach me We Leave No One Behind meaning do not leave a brother behind. he was always there for me no matter what like i was for him.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Smith, I completely forgot you went by Death Merchants. I kept wondering if we were friends because of 1st MRB, or something else. Now I realize. We were both in Soldier of Foreign Wars together. I went by ANGUS YOUNG way back then.

I'm so sad to hear that Brad passed. I had lost touch over the years due to SOFW getting out of DoD:S, not having a PC for a long time, and then eventually joining the Army and going overseas. 

I joined SOFW when I was just 13. A lot of people thought I was too young...but Brad was the one who convinced them to give me a chance to be one of them. I never forgot that. Some of my best times playing DoD:S was with SOFW and I met some long lasting friends that I still talk to today. I'm now 30 and to know that someone who I spent countless hours playing games with (even when I didn't have my own Steam account) is gone, it saddens me. Rest in Peace BanG, you were truly one of the good ones and someone who would happily give the shirt off your back.

Over 15 years later...I still have, and wear, one of the greatest shirts I have ever received...all thanks to the generosity of Brad when I couldn't afford to purchase one for myself. 

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Edited by DAPPERxDUCK

Yeah i do remember you! i got my game name from one of his tats on his right arm Death Merchants. brad was the great guy. and the reunions that we had was a blast at times we thought we might die LOL. i wish i could go back in time and hear him scream bloody murder when you knife him or sniped him in DODs. i could go on the storys. Now life goes on his memories go on forever. all i know i lost a brother we all did who knew him. 

Death Merchants

8 hours ago, R. Smith 1st MRB said:

Yeah i do remember you! i got my game name from one of his tats on his right arm Death Merchants. brad was the great guy. and the reunions that we had was a blast at times we thought we might die LOL. i wish i could go back in time and hear him scream bloody murder when you knife him or sniped him in DODs. i could go on the storys. Now life goes on his memories go on forever. all i know i lost a brother we all did who knew him. 

Death Merchants

He definitely had a few choice words for me when I would snipe him or constantly hit headshots with the rifles hahahahaha not sure if you remember “Mr Meow” or “Miles Teg” but those were my teachers for the rifles. I miss being good at the rifles. Ahhhhh good memories for sure my brother. 

1 hour ago, R. Smith 1st MRB said:

Oh yeah miles teg. How about jaredkhight firescout grizzly tebteb. 

Yes sir! Jared was always fun too! Realmenwearkilts aka Kilty was a trip too as well as BlueLightSpecial! Ahhh man, I wish I could have made it out to one of the reunions back in the day. I think we need to reach out to some of the old members and have ourselves some DoD:S fun again!

Edited by DAPPERxDUCK