HLL times out when loading into server to play

Gougeon 1st MRB

Question

Name: Joshua Gougeon

Type of issue: not sure

Brief Description of Issue: Whenever I try to play i get t the loading screen after clicking to join a sever and the cnnection times out so i can never join a server to play. been hvaing this issue since they added the dday map to the game

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line***

Current Status: Researching

Main Technician:<br> <br> Supporting Technician:<br>

10 answers to this question

Hi Gouge,

are you getting a specific crash error or crash log when this happens? Is it a crash to desktop with nothing else? Or does your computer freeze up on load and you need to hard reset?

In the past, there have been issues with dx12, if that’s on try disabling and playing in Windows rather than full screen (assuming you have nvidia)

I think the first step is figuring out that.  I’ll try to keep an eye on the thread but being out of the country may limit my time to respond and help

Hey Goug,

I found this article on Team 17 support, maybe try some of these solutions:

Hell Let Loose: Lost Connection to Host:

If the game kicks you out with the 'Lost Connection to Host' error message, please make sure that the game is not being blocked by your antivirus software.

If it's not your antivirus, then please heck if have any of the following software installed on your PC:

GameFirst VI

Aura Sync

If you do, please press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Task Manager, find Asus GameFirst VI and Asus Aura on the list, right-click on each and select 'End Task'. Alternatively you can also uninstall the Asus software, reboot your PC and open the game to check if the problem is resolved.

If the issue continues, then please follow the steps below.

Solution 1:

Please go to the Windows Settings then click Network & Internet then click the link Network and Sharing Centre.

Then click on the link you have under the Access Type, next to Connections. The link is the Ethernet cable or WiFi you are using to connect.

Go to Properties find Internet Protocol Version 6 on the list and uncheck it. If this option is already unchecked then please turn it on, press OK, then turn it off again and press OK. Then please retest your game.

Solution 2:

Connect your PC directly to the router with a LAN cable.  Don't use any adapters, network extenders etc. Try to replace the cable if you have a spare one, and retest the game.

Solution 3:

Check your currently running processes, especially antiviruses, internet and motherboard utilities. Check their settings to make sure they don't slow down your internet. If nothing improves the situation, close every software you can one by one and retest the game.

If none of the solutions above work for you, then please drop us a ticket, so we can investigate the issue for you.

Hope one of these help.

@Candy 1st MRB I have tried all of these already . except solution 1 because I have windows 11 and I cannot find any of those things in those directions nor do I get options to click things off and on in the settings. i have tried using wifi and using ethernet and get the same lost connection result. It is frustrating because when the game first came out I could play it jus fine using the highest settings. had issues since the first major update to the game. 

Edited by Gougeon 1st MRB