Important! Read ASAP all 1st and BAR members

Mamora BAR

Theres been a recent influx of peoples accounts being hacked and Phan became one of them today. If you recieve messages from ANYONE that consist of the following

SSgt. D. Phan [1st MRB]: http://steamcommunity_com_viewprofile27460268470159.9hz.com/

OMG OMG WTF? HAHAHAHA?

DO NOT.....DO NOT click the link no matter who sends it to you. IT will ask you to put in your info of your account which will result in your account being hacked DO NOT PUT IN YOUR INFO. Evolution just fell prey to it and im sure others will probably too. Warn whomever you can.

For those of you who did put in your info this link will help you reclaim your account. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=197

Edited by Mamora

Guest Phan 1st MRB

K good news the hacker didn't change me pw or anything so i just re-logged on my account and change the pw so I should be good but yeah just ignore anything I sent ya that seems weird.

ya, just about to post this.

This is a phishing scam.

The site is an attempt to be a duplicate of the steam website and fool you into entering in your information, which wont log you in, but it will send your information to the originator of the website. just clicking on the link should keep you safe, its just when you submit your info that it can be malicious.

if you look at the website url , it says steampowered_viewprofiles_com, then it goes through a string of characters before it actually gets to .bz.com

easy way to spot this type of crap is to check the url before you ever enter in information.

also if your afraid of some malicious websites that may be able to hack you without you having to click anything, you can always turn off your javascript in your browser which will keep most things off you.

There was once a time I was about to fall prey to this, however I didn't trust the link as it didn't have the Valve(US) secure connection thing in my browser URL box in Firefox, so I went to Steam's main site and logged in there, then pasted this link into my browser URL box, figuring I should be able to see it, and when it asked me again to log in I didn't trust it.

This has happened to me before, way before I joined the unit, you can get your account back from it but it takes a little while and the people who try to get u to click on the link try to sell your account for money so DO NOT CLICK THE LINK NO MATTER WHAT! Hope the people who got hacked by it get their accounts back.

I'll repeat what I posted in the other topic about this:

Everyone should verify their personal email with steam through the settings. It sends an email whenever something changes with your account. (Password/email/etc.)

Even if you know you are too smart to be hacked, I suggest doing this just in case.