Veterans/Remembrance Day approaching

Benson

For me it is a very irksome 11 days leading up to November 11th as I watch people obliviously drop a quarter in the donation box and grab a poppy. This is a day to commemorate the sacrifices made in times of war by members of the armed forces---specifically those who gave their lives. Most of us probably know at least one person; a family member, a friend, an acquaintance; that gave their life in a time of war. I ask that you show your respect for their sacrifice and when you reach into your pocket to donate you understand that sacrifice is worth far more than a quarter; and regardless of where you are on the 11th you stop to observe a minute of silence at 11:00.

Would it be appropriate to perhaps have a quick little 1st MRB remembrance ceremony in the private server? I have been thinking about this for a bit but never got around to posting the idea without getting laughed at.

Basically just do like the moment of silence, someone could say a few words, maybe incorporate a bit of MRB history, done at camp Pendalton of course.

Any feedback?

I completely agree with you. But Isn't this day dedicated to the armistice on November 11th that ended world war 1. That twas signed at 11'o clock.

I believe before the holiday was renamed veterans day, it was literally called armistice day.

It is Smithers and it was armistice day. I know also that King George 5th the year after the signing and just prior to Nov 11th dedicated the day to the observance of those who died in the war. So for the British commonwealth countries there is a duality.

I will admit I`m ignorant whether the theme is actually shared with other non-commonwealth countries. I assumed it was and apologies if that`s not the case.

edited for spelling

Edited by Benson 1st MRB