L4D2 Help :(

Remedy

So, I have no clue where to post this I shall post it here.

SOMEONE gifted me L4D2 and I downloaded it and everything like a normal person. Whenever I start playing the game, the game will randomly freeze up then unfreeze. It also happens when I press E on a item, or just press E in general as well as killing/attacking a special zombie or trigger.

Ive set my graphics and all that to min and all that crap and it still does it. Its been re-installed 3 times now and I have the problem again, I just want to play it :(.

It happens in Single Player/ Multiplayer

Tried to help her. She verified the integrity of the cache and it didn't help. tried a few of the launch options, did nothing. Finally gave up. Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable of this stuff can fix it.

Tomorrow ill call Bill Gates for making Win7 shitty then call Steam for screwing up, then eat food. TY =D

When CS:S came out, I got it. Well It didnt work quite well so I sent in one. 3 Weeks later they finally replyed saying they could not find a problem. Well I fixed it and all it was was my drivers basicly.

Edit:

It still is not fixed, re-installed 5 times now. No clue what to do.

Edited by Remedy

Meh. That wouldnt work, but I wont get into it. Ive updated everything I can =|

have you checkt the steam forum on l4d2 and se if anyone elas is having the same problem? if ther is none then send a mail to steam and say it aint working and it sux cus you like killing zombis and all that shit! :P

have you checkt the steam forum on l4d2 and se if anyone elas is having the same problem? if ther is none then send a mail to steam and say it aint working and it sux cus you like killing zombis and all that shit! :P

I have. They all have the problem where it freezes and crashes their game basicly, not what mine does.

ALRIGHT! Quick Update!

The E problem has somehow been magically fixed, but It stutters/freezes for a few seconds randomly(Even at Main Menu) and while killing a special zombie. The "Pressing E" problem has been fixed though so thats good. Any ideas on the other 2 problems?

ALRIGHT! Quick Update!

The E problem has somehow been magically fixed, but It stutters/freezes for a few seconds randomly(Even at Main Menu) and while killing a special zombie. The "Pressing E" problem has been fixed though so thats good. Any ideas on the other 2 problems?

have you tried play the game in administrator mode? make a shortcut to the game and right cklick the start in administrator mode. (or how you spell it)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=1029427