Issue and Idea

M. Kim

We have a lot of foreign players that come into the server but can't speak english. For example, we can't let them know "don't cap out the flags please" when we don't have enough players. Sometimes we have those who TK and TW and we can't let them know that this server doesn't allow that. The TK and TW is understandable for a ban but for capping out, is that also considered to be "ban-able"? Like most of us playing, it gets really annoying when the match ends in 30sec-1min every time because of one person.

Therefore I'm wondering if we can have some sort of way to counter this. I don't mind being a translator for Korean and Japanese. I'm sure there are plenty of other members here that are fluent in multiple languages also. If we can all learn one phrase, "I can't speak (whatever language) but please stop (the issue) thanks" then I think we can minimize this problem significantly. It's like one of those survival handbooks where they have a phrase in different languages and all you have to do is somewhat pronounce them.

That's just one of my ideas ^^;; If anyone else has another one please don't hesitate to post. I personally want to learn russian lol...

This seems like a good idea for a bind. A certain bind in Korean or Japanese or some other language explaining what to do, namely no TK/TW and firing in spawn. Something that can be passed to promoters and MPs at the same time.

Why the hell didn't I think about the bind...that makes life so much easier... Thanks Pang. You just made it so much more simpler lol

We get our message across, and if they still TK and whatnot, we can explain to them that a warning was given in English, Korean, Japanese, German, etc... explaining the TK/TW and Spawn Firing. If they didn't heed to those, they were truly doing it of malicious intent and merely not understanding English.

Think like a bureaucrat Kim, CYOA.

If you guys want to work on translating our MOTD to different languages, we can place links to them in the main MOTD for our international players.

What are the main foreign players in our servers? I can think of French, Chinese, Spanish, German, and Russian. Maybe Korean and Japanese, I have yet to meet a Korean/Japanese gamer that doesn't understand at least a little English.

Pangilinan the MODT structures on rules and mods. the last bit is the main website link. So we only need to focus on those 3 translated and then we can start compiling. I think I can get Chinese done tonight. Spanish will most likely be in a couple of days.

That would be of great help Cayen, in fact we were fretting about if we knew anyone who was able to write french xD

Please PM me or Pangilinan once you're done. We're trying to aim for this weekend so we can finally end this language barrier >.<

I'm not sure how this works but I know the server translates for people depending on there settings. I was in the pub and someone typed in ff and it came out in german from the server. I checked and that person was in germany. So I don't know if type chat is also translated or if the MOTD could be configured as such through the server.

I'm not sure how this works but I know the server translates for people depending on there settings. I was in the pub and someone typed in ff and it came out in german from the server. I checked and that person was in germany. So I don't know if type chat is also translated or if the MOTD could be configured as such through the server.

An auto-translate function huh... I'll look into that. That willll make communicating much easier if they don't bother to read the MOTD.

alright this is what I got, if somebody could verify it for me that would be great.

the sentence I am using in english goes as follows

"I can't speak (language), but please stop team killing, and shooting in spawn. Thank you."

Spanish - Yo no puedo hablar español, pero parar por favor matanza de equipo, y disparando en la prole. Gracias.

French - Je ne peux pas parler l'espagnol, mais s'il vous plaît l'équipe d'arrêt qui tue, et tirant dans le frai. Merci.

Chinese (simplified) - 我不可以说西班牙语,但是请停止杀死,枪击卵于的小组。谢谢。

German - Ich kann Spanisch nicht sprechen, aber bitte Haltmannschaft tötend, und schießend in Laich. Vielen Dank.

Russian - Я не могу говорить на испанском языке, но пожалуйста остановите убийство команды, и вбегание икры. Спасибо.

Japanese - 私がスペイン語を話すことができないが、チーム殺害と、卵〔菌糸〕の射撃を止めてください。 ありがとう。

Swedish - Jag kan inte tala spanska, men vänligen stopplag döda, och skjuta i Rom. Tacka dig.

Portuguese - Eu não posso falar espanhol, mas por favor a equipa de paragem matando, e atirando em ova de peixe. Obrigado.

Hopefully that helps.. I dunno how you will get the context in game.. butttttt yeah ^_^ there ya go

Edited by Bunt 1st MRB

alright this is what I got, if somebody could verify it for me that would be great.

the sentence I am using in english goes as follows

"I can't speak (language), but please stop team killing, and shooting in spawn. Thank you."

Spanish - Yo no puedo hablar español, pero parar por favor matanza de equipo, y disparando en la prole. Gracias.

French - Je ne peux pas parler l'espagnol, mais s'il vous plaît l'équipe d'arrêt qui tue, et tirant dans le frai. Merci.

Chinese (simplified) - 我不可以说西班牙语,但是请停止杀死,枪击卵于的小组。谢谢。

German - Ich kann Spanisch nicht sprechen, aber bitte Haltmannschaft tötend, und schießend in Laich. Vielen Dank.

Russian - Я не могу говорить на испанском языке, но пожалуйста остановите убийство команды, и вбегание икры. Спасибо.

Japanese - 私がスペイン語を話すことができないが、チーム殺害と、卵〔菌糸〕の射撃を止めてください。 ありがとう。

Swedish - Jag kan inte tala spanska, men vänligen stopplag döda, och skjuta i Rom. Tacka dig.

Portuguese - Eu não posso falar espanhol, mas por favor a equipa de paragem matando, e atirando em ova de peixe. Obrigado.

Hopefully that helps.. I dunno how you will get the context in game.. butttttt yeah ^_^ there ya go

You just said "and shoot a fish egg" in Portuguese lol.

Here is the correct translation to Portuguese:

Não falamos Português, mas por favor não mate a sua própria equipa e não dispare dentro dos spawns. Obrigado.

Also pretty sure the spanish translation is incorrect, they might not understand.

in swedish i rather have this line

Endas engelska här ingen svenska, Inget TD/TK då FF är på och skjut inte i spawn då du kan träffa dina egna! Enjoy ur stay

it means = Only english no swedish, no td/tk because of ff is on and dont shot in spawn because you might hit ur team. Enjoy ur stay.

this is the line you needed in swedish.

Swedish - Jag kan inte prata svenska, men vänligen stopp lagdödandet, och skjut inte i spawn. Tack.

MOTD in Chinese is complete

First part is rules and second part are the mods

立即封鎖犯罪

-故意對團隊殺人或者傷人

-黑客行動

-麥克風垃圾說話

-種族主義言論

-冒充陸戰攻略大隊的成員

-對成員沒有尊重

這個服務器是個現實主義的服務器,所以我們有一些額外的內容

-軍醫修改-如果你有25以下的健康點,在聊天鍵入[MEDIC]然後你的健康點恢復了

-現實修改-如果你的手被受傷了,你的主要武器被禁用了