Tattoos

Visca 1st MRB

I have been kind of obsessed with getting half sleeves and some other tattoos on my sides/back/torso whatever. I have so many ideas floating around in my head and I have thought about some of them for a greater part of a year. They all have meaning in some way or another whether it be a lot of meaning or a little meaning and a cool design. The only downside is will it affect me at obtaining a job even though I will be able to cover them up, for the most part, maybe a little will show on my arms and what not. Anyways, my parents won't let me get one until I can pay for myself and live on my own under my own weights and merits. I was just seeing if any of you have/want to get tattoos and see if yall regret any of them that you already have.

cheers!

i have a tattoo on my calf that i regret (not the design, i love the design, i made it myself, but the artist who put it on me fucked it up hardcore). I have another on my arm that i also drew that i love, and the tattoo artist did a great job with it.

The number one rule of getting a tattoo, is that if you are not sure what you want to get, DONT GET ONE! It will be permanently inscribed into your body! You have to REALLY want it. I would suggest figuring out the one you want, and sit on the idea for a long time. If you still want the tattoo after waiting on it for a while (im talking 6 months to a year) then go get it! and make sure the artist is good at the style you want!!! (<--- very important) Also, stay away from "kitchen scratchers". Get it done in a good shop that has health certifications, sterilized environments are extremely important, not only for the health of the tattoo, but your overall health in general! EX: Getting a tattoo in someones house that has a cat is dangerous. The dandruff from the cat can give you hepatitis and other nasty diseases. You gotta realize that getting a tattoo is making a giant open wound on your skin, you dont want that shit to get infected. Getting a tattoo in a shop is more expensive, but you get what you pay for, and if youre paying for something that will be a part of your body for the rest of your life, bargain shopping is a BAD idea.

I wouldn't get a tattoo, because when you reach a certain age it will start to take the shape of something totally different than when you got the tattoo. Trust me Tattoos are not worth the ink and the money you pay for it. If you don't like it later in life and you want to get it removed well, that will cost a very generous chunk of money to get it removed. Like Capt. Gooderham said " put something together that you would like and then look at it for the next 6 months. If you still like it...

I vote No .

I wouldn't get a tattoo, because when you reach a certain age it will start to take the shape of something totally different than when you got the tattoo. Trust me Tattoos are not worth the ink and the money you pay for it. If you don't like it later in life and you want to get it removed well, that will cost a very generous chunk of money to get it removed. Like Capt. Gooderham said " put something together that you would like and then look at it for the next 6 months. If you still like it...

I vote No .

I agree with this. Last thing you need is like my uncle. Butterfly turned into a vagina with wings...

Ah I get ya, like I said I sat on the idea for awhile, but the problem is that the ideas are intricate and I cannot draw. I have pictures, but i need to get a sketch done by someone who is good and the ideas behind the tattoo are life-long, but the inking will be expensive and I know that. Anyways, hopefully I can keep in good enough shape to have the tattoos not deteriorate in my olden age, and hell i'll probably be like my dad a give two shits after the age of 50 lol

but thanks, I see what you guys are getting at.

Also, can any of yall draw?

:D

another nay to the idea of tattoos. Lets say the person the last artist worked on had a disease transferrable via blood. If he uses the same tools again on you, you can get the disease inside that could lay dorment for years. Next thing you know your kidneys are failing and you have no idea why.

i would get a tattoo myself if it werent for the fact these tools they used have touched someone else in gods Knows where and i dont want what ever they have.

another nay to the idea of tattoos. Lets say the person the last artist worked on had a disease transferrable via blood. If he uses the same tools again on you, you can get the disease inside that could lay dorment for years. Next thing you know your kidneys are failing and you have no idea why.

i would get a tattoo myself if it werent for the fact these tools they used have touched someone else in gods Knows where and i dont want what ever they have.

But they have to, By law, sterilise the needles every time, either that or they use new needles each time

Visca, you should only get a tattoo if it is something that has a deep meaning or tie to your life. I have one, a small heart outline with a pink ribbon wrapped around it. I got it at 17, when my aunt died of breast cancer. Everyday I see it, and it reminds me of the relationship we had. So if the design is something that you feel is a part of who you are, get it. But like they said earlier, wait on it. Wait for a year. Give yourself time to grow and develop, then see if that design still has meaning for you. If it will be with you for the rest of your life; what does 1 year of difference make?

And always pay the good money or a legit artist and a clean shop. You don't want no herpes, bro

I'm thinking about getting a tat myself, but given that i'm headed in the army, i'm thinking about having it pretty subdued (Probably on the shoulder or biceps). I would advise considering the potential effect on your employment chances before getting one Visca, depending in which career path you're headed.

Also Griswold, good tattoo shops are as clean as an operating room, and they pride themselves on the safety of their environement. Sure you'll pay more than a dubious guy in a half-basement, but you can rest easy. I'm unsure about America, but in Canada, most professional tattoo artists worth their salt have a certification from a school.

Yay for tatoos... Im probably getting one when i come back from Germany(im thinking over it for like a year now). Im thinking letter M(my brothers name Marin)on one of my fingers(but on the inside side) and on my leg a Celtic sun. If you decide to get tatooed make sure that you think about it for long time and also that it has a meaning so it wont be if you wake up some morning 5,10 years later and say "why the fuck did i do this".

Actually, I will be getting this...

SpartanHelmetWMolanLabeWeb.jpg

on my hand, without the helmet. It's going on my right hand (shooting hand), starting at the knuckle of my thumb and circling around towards my index finger.

It stands for "Come and Take Them" in Greek writing, which is what Leonidas said to the Persian Emmisary's who asked for his surrender..