Italy
Ireland
Spain

GROUP D
England
France
Sweden
Ukraine

The games start today with Greece facing the co-hosts Poland. Even though Greece are the winners of 2004, I'm giving the advantage to Poland and I'm thinking they'll walk away with the win today simply because of home advantage and Lewandowski who is a scoring machine for them. Today also has Russia going up against the Czech Rep. It's gonna be a draw, Russia had one of the best defenses throughout the qualifying, I think they only allowed four goals in ten games or something like that. All in all I'm excited Euro 2012 finally started.

What teams are you cheering for? Personally, I'm cheering for Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands (gotta love Van Persie). Ah fuck it, throw Sweden in there too so that Berg/Anderson/Kanon don't get angry with me.

When you can sub-in Klose, that's ridiculous.

Port has no finisher. They really need a starting striker. Badly.

As for me, I hope Germany wins it. Anyone except the Italians. God I hate Italian-style football.

Hope Spain destroys Italy tomorrow.

I'm a bit confused with that Port has no finisher? I guess your refering to Portugal? In that case they do have Cristiano Ronaldo and Postiga who both are extremely valuable. Yes those last matches they have played have been drawn with almost no goals scored, but thats like 2 matches. I think its only a matter of time until we see them start scoring, we know theyre capable of doing so, especially Ronaldo who had a stunning 46 goals this season.

dont know who im cheering on, I guess Spain or Greece for some reason :P

I thought so too about italy ever since ... ever. Hated their strategy and diving

But yesterday's game vs Spain was quite beautiful to see. They carved up the Spanish defense and had some amazing thru-balls and shots on net/keeper. And only a couple of horrible acting jobs in the 1st half. I credit the referee for doing a fantastic job (all the 2nd half yellows were totally warranted).

If they keep this up, it would totally change my mind.

However, today's England/France game will likely be the worst of the Euro so far (even the Ireland/Croatia game was fairly entertaining despite the controversy). Two countries with too much reputation to lose with so-so sides on paper at least (although France has yet to lose at the international level since Domenech got canned so we'll see how this new squad does when it finally counts).

Spain need a striker not named Torres badly (the Villa injury might hurt their chances to repeat).

As for Portugal, Ronaldo can score but he's still a midfielder (albeit an attacking one). A team with only midfielders will miss many long-ball opportunities since no one is playing the striker position. They have to move the ball up more methodically or up the wings instead of the middle which gives opposing defenses a chance to fall back.

When Torres subbed in yesterday, you saw that the Spanish side had cleaner breaks on goal than with Fabregas. But Torres doesn't fit into the Spanish game as well (he's not a great passer) which is probably why they went 4-3-3 instead.

For me, I'd like to see just how good this Russian side is. Sadly group A is the weakest group so we won't know until round 2.

The France-England match was a little boring in the second half. I'm pretty sure everyone thought they would tie.

The Sweden-Ukraine match was great to watch because Mr. Shevchenko did what he does best - scores. Two goals and both beauty headers in the back of the net. It was also great to watch one of my favorite players ever when he played for Inter and that's Ibrahimovic. Both these great players netted goals for their country today and it was a pleasure to watch. Today was like watching a match between Milan and Inter back when Shevchenko was on Milan and Ibrahimovic was on Inter. Awesomesauce.

"bounced back"... took a goal of the tourney from a sub to get them the win over Denmark.

I've pretty much seen most of the matches so far, and Portugal and Holland have been pretty disappointing so far (although the games have been not so bad).

So far, favourites are likely to be Germany from A/B pools and Italy (really liked the attacking game they had vs Spain) as dark horse from C/D pools. Although Croatia/Ukraine could surprise.

Pretty much some awesome football though. Even from lesser knowns like Ireland!