Hurricane Sandy being used for Fundraiser

Perrone

Now, we all know I'm not a fan of Republicans. But I think I've found something that even some of the more hardcore supporters will find it hard to support. As I type this out right now, Hurricane Sandy is affecting parts of the North-eastern US. And a friend of mine sent this to me via email that he got:

Urgent from Dick Morris

Re: Impact of Hurricane Sandy on Elections

Dear Newsmax Reader:

One of the biggest hurricanes in modern times is about to slam into the Northeastern part of the United States.

While Hurricane Sandy is set to make landfall in New Jersey, its enormous footprint will drench many states with rain while battering them with dangerous winds.

It won't be nice.

Already political pundits says President Obama will seek to maximize this national emergency for political gain.

Obama has just cancelled key campaign events in Florida to "prepare" for the emergency.

His aides say he wants to "look presidential" and less political.

Obama's move is nothing less than a cynical grab for votes - a desperate president about to lose re-election.

I believe Americans will see right through it!

Hurricane Sandy is hardly "good news" for Obama. According to reports, swing states like Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio and possibly New Hampshire will get hit.

The storm will pass days before the election, but the ripple effects of this inclement weather will be felt for many days and the weeks to come.

Experts predict flooding, massive storm damage, and even electric power outages for days or weeks.

This could directly impact the election.

Here's why Sandy hurts Obama.

Polls consistently show his voters are much less enthusiastic about voting for him than Mitt Romney voters.

Put another way, Obama voters are looking for ANY excuse to not vote for him.

Meanwhile, Mitt Romney voters will drive through a blizzard to the polls. They want to throw Obama out of office badly. Very badly.

Right now, polls and voting trends are very positive for Mitt Romney.

My prediction is that by Wednesday the Obama camp will realize their cynical attempt to use this weather disaster for political gain was one big failure.

This means the last 5 days of the campaign will be absolutely critical for both Obama and Mitt Romney.

Romney supporters need to prepare for an Obama "surprise" -- something the Obama people and his Chicago thugs will use at the last minute to stop Mitt Romney.

We can't let this ploy stop us!

The Super PAC for America, the powerful political group headed by Mike Reagan, the same group I serve as Chief Strategist, is gearing for a massive GOP get out the vote effort.

Currently, we have very effective anti-Obama TV ads running in 5 states. We want to keep those airing and add more states.

We want to deploy a strong "ground game" to counter Obama's Chicago-style get out the vote machine.

We need funds to do this -- Donate Here Now

So far, tens of thousands of Americans have been extremely generous in helping our efforts.

But frankly, we are coming down to the wire. These last days are crucial.

Right now, Mike Reagan and I, and the key experts he assembled for the Super PAC -- some of them top advisors to former President Reagan -- are working overtime to make sure we defeat Barack Obama.

Mitt Romney's campaign has done a good job.

But the truth is they are handcuffed.

Federal election law puts stiff limits on the amounts he can raise. And he can only raise from individuals, not corporations.

Super PAC for America is not handcuffed.

We can raise as much as you are willing to donate - either from you individually or your business or corporation.

Already Barack Obama has outraised Mitt Romney. He continues to do so.

With so many liberals stepping up to the plate for Obama, can I ask you to do the same for Mitt Romney?

Mike Reagan said it best to me last night as we were preparing for this coming week, "Dick, the whole future of the country hangs on what we do in the next week."

He's right!

By "we" Mike meant himself, me and YOU!

We need your help now - Please Donate Here Now

Thank you and God bless you.

Yours for America,

Dick Morris

P.S. The latest poll this weekend out of Ohio now shows the race there tied. This proves that Romney can not only win there, but in Pennsylvania as well. The race is tightening in that state and several others. Can you help Super PAC put Mitt Romney over the finish line? Donate Here Now

Paid for by Super PAC for America. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. www.superPACforAmerica.com.

I am really disgusted by this political pandering when we've got people who've died because of this storm, millions who are without power, without a doubt, more issues will arise because of Sandy. And Dick Morris is trying to use this as an attempt to get people to give his super pac money? I read this, and I wanted to sock it to him. Figured I'd share and see what others thought of this.

FYI, I'm not blaming Romney for this, at least he had the decency to call off his campaigning and ask his supporters to donate to the Red Cross... Which I will also be doing.

This shit is illegal in Quebec, each party has an electoral spending limit and no one else is allowed to run ads favouring one or the other candidates (though this doesn't apply to art performance, for example a comedy skit or show).

Hope everyone that's in the path of the storm is safe too, heard it's getting pretty hectic over there.

This shit is illegal in Quebec, each party has an electoral spending limit and no one else is allowed to run ads favouring one or the other candidates (though this doesn't apply to art performance, for example a comedy skit or show).

Hope everyone that's in the path of the storm is safe too, heard it's getting pretty hectic over there.

Bribes and shutting out competition are popular there though

Bribes are just as present in the US, there's corruption everywhere. Speaking of that, there's actually a huge inquiry in the corruption inside construction and the political apparatus running right now. Maybe our system isn't perfect, but at least we try to make our elections run on something else than money.

Bribes are just as present in the US, there's corruption everywhere. Speaking of that, there's actually a huge inquiry in the corruption inside construction and the political apparatus running right now. Maybe our system isn't perfect, but at least we try to make our elections run on something else than money.

Been watching that has the mayor of Montreal resigned yt

Nah, but the Laval one did. About damn time. I think the Montreal Mayor is gonna lose the next elections though, but it's always hard to tell. Municipal elections here are always hogged by one candidate for ages. I'm not directly affected by that since I live in Quebec City and our mayor is a pretty cool guy (Nordiques yerrr!), but it still desolates me to see the extent of the corruption. Nonetheless, I hope people won't give to this Super Pac thing, because if there's one thing certain, it's this:

Edited by Peaker 1st MRB

I would be a third party voter but honestly voting for a third party is basically futile. I would start a party called all politicians are idiots and cannot even try to relate to the common people of the united states but the. The party would dismantle itself as we would realize that we are a paradox. We need a president like Jimmy Carter who would relate to the common person but won't totally get screwed by using a campaign slogan basically calling every member of the US Legislature a bunch of crooks.

Edited by Kanganis 1st MRB