Let's get some strategy going!

Peaker

Hey guys, it would be really nice if we could get a strategy game going with members of the 1st MRB. My suggestions are the following, but i'm open to ideas:

Civilization 4 or 5

Hearts of Iron (2 or 3)

Total war games

Post if you are interested!

Hopefully that will be a feature for Rome Total War 2. We could start by a campaign of Civ 5, that sounds like something cool and it looks like many people in the unit have it. And since it's a turn by turn, we can always save and continue if we have to stop.

So I would be down for starting this say...next wednesday, after 6 PM EST?

Cool McDowell! So here are the settings I propose:

Random Map Type

Large Map Size (10 Civilizations and 20 city states)

Standard Game Length (500 turns)

Max 10 mins per turn

Simultaneous turns

Thus far we have, confirmed, for wednesday:

Zorbanos (USA or Japan)

Peaker (Russia)

McDowell

Is that cool for everyone? If you wanna join us, feel free to post here and to call your civilization!

10 mins is mostly for the later part of the game when we'll have a lot of units and wars going on. Since turns are simultaneous, say you finish your turn in 5, you only have 5 mins to wait, not so bad, especially since we'll be in vent. Gives you time to arrange some secret diplomacy ;)

Yeah, it would be better to have everyone there to play, otherwise we can just save. (You're welcome to join us Lt. Col!)

Wednesday at 6-7 PM EST then!

Edited by Peaker 1st MRB

Sadly I don't :(

In other news, our game of Civ has gotten off the ground, thus far the following noteworthy things have happened:

(I play the Russians, Griswold plays the Ethiopians and McDowell the Incas)

-Griswold has founded the first religion in the world, the powerful Jihadism in which the almighty Ethiopian god pursues the conquest of all the deserts of the world.

-McDowell has given in to his inner hatred and founded the Ku Klux Klan. No reports have come from his land as all people wearing blue clothing or not speaking the local language have been executed. (The local alphabet is composed of 346 characters, all vowels.). However, some report that they drugged a local prostitute and proclaimed her an oracle (He built the Oracle wonder).

-The Russians, still godless heathens, have been staying relatively isolated in the north of the giant continent, with hordes upon hordes of barbarians assaulting their holdings. Reports have been coming in of their incalculable greed however, and their vast riches (Seriously, I have like 5 gold ressources.) They also apparently like giant bloody buildings. (2 wonders thus far, almost 2 others done!)

The map really hates us. It's basically divided thus: The north is a hostile and terrible tundra. South of that, taking about 33% of the map is a giant bloody desert full of barbarians. South of that is a giant jungle occupied by Sweden and a bunch of people. Then south of the jungle, there is another giant desert.

Edited by Peaker 1st MRB