Game of Thrones discussion (Spoilers)

Gardiner 1st MRB

I'm a bit puzzled with Theon though, I don't remember him really escaping until book what, 4-5? Also, Jaime doesn't get his hand cut off by Northmen, but by the Mountain's men that are employed by Roose Bolton methinks.

They were the Bloody Mummers, or as they prefer The Brave Companions in the books. How did they do with Hoats lisps? I couldn't stop laughing whenever I saw his lines written down, even at work or in class I'd chuckle a bit.

Oh yeah, Coldhands should be cool, but one thing has been bugging me though since I've started watching Season 2. Why did they change Asha's name to Yara? Thats one change that irks me as unnecessary. Did they think it sounded too much like Osha in the accents they are using? lol.

That's actually the reasoning exactly. They knew the viewership would have difficultly separating the names. It's similar to how they are showing Theon's story so he doesn't just show up again in 2 books worth of seasons. A lot of people wouldn't remember who he is, so they are showing his path to becoming Reek.

That makes sense then, and it was the only logical explanation I could come up with. In any case, her character is not changed so it technically doesn't matter what she is called. Another thing I have to give this series is that the casting is absolutely fantastic. Everyone fits their roles prefectly IMO, whoever they have as a casting director is a master.

I'm a bit puzzled with Theon though, I don't remember him really escaping until book what, 4-5? Also, Jaime doesn't get his hand cut off by Northmen, but by the Mountain's men that are employed by Roose Bolton methinks.

They were the Bloody Mummers, or as they prefer The Brave Companions in the books. How did they do with Hoats lisps? I couldn't stop laughing whenever I saw his lines written down, even at work or in class I'd chuckle a bit.

They just got rid of him and the other mummers. Fucking lame

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, when I think about it, it doesn't surprise me too much. Most film makers whether its Television or Theater who are shooting a major series like this probably aren't going to be too concerned as to whether or not the actors have read all the books, so much as how effective they can be in pulling off the character for the audience. In that case, the Director(s) are probably most concerned as to whether or not the Casting Director has read the books or not, because its up to them to try and bring in the best actors and actresses to play the roles. The actual talent will, or at least should be able to pick up the roles on the fly and portray them in the manner that they are intended by the Director, Writers, and in this case the Author regardless of any prior knowledge they may or may not have. If they happen to be like Christopher Lee and have been avid readers of say The Lord of The Rings and have been waiting for the chance to play a major role then its all the better for them and the crew, but I don't think it is necessary that the people involved have read the books or not.

Their lives are generally pretty busy anyway, especially if they are well-known, which most of them will have now become if they weren't already thanks to the success of this series; which if it stays the course that it is presently holding, I'll wager its going to be the focus of their careers for the next few years if they stay onboard. The point is though, the people involved in finding the right people to play all of the roles are the ones who should have read the books in my opinion, not necessarily the actors and actresses themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew what was going to happen the whole time yet I was on the edge of my seat thinking "Is it now? Or now? OMG WALDER DO IT ALREADY!!!!" In the books though, Robb's wife doesn't die...and her baby doesn't get stabbed either. That was rather gruesome.

Wow after watching that episode I feel like buying the books just to understand what the fuck just happened.

YOU DON'T WRITE BOOKS AND THEN KILL OFF SO MANY MAIN CHARACTERS WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two people named Eddard Stark died in the show so far, sad day.

Who do I root for now?

Wow after watching that episode I feel like buying the books just to understand what the fuck just happened.

you should buy them, they look really nice in the bookshelf haha no but the books are really good if you like to read I cant say if there is a difference between the books and the series because I have not seen anything from the series

The books are a different experience, you get a lot more background material on the different families and you can understand certain things that are kind of just stated in the series. That said the series are very well done and generally very accurate. I recommend the books themselves strongly, you won't regret it. Personally I read them all within 3 weeks, I just couldn't stop myself.

YOU DON'T WRITE BOOKS AND THEN KILL OFF SO MANY MAIN CHARACTERS WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two people named Eddard Stark died in the show so far, sad day.

Who do I root for now?

I tend to root for Tyrion.

I read a funny joke today:

Why doesn't George R.R. Martin usr Twitter? Because he killed all 140 characters.

Who do I root for now?

I'm still rooting for the Starks. Winter is coming!

well didn't see that coming, can i be the first to say why kill the wolf?! :'(
For spite, in the books Summer was not caged up. He was killing soldiers in an attempt to get to Robb. Afterwards they cut the head off of Summer and sowed it onto Robb Starks body.

well didn't see that coming, can i be the first to say why kill the wolf?! :'(
For spite, in the books Summer was not caged up. He was killing soldiers in an attempt to get to Robb. Afterwards they cut the head off of Summer and sowed it onto Robb Starks body.

Why was Bran's wolf with Robb? :blink:

Grey Wind was Robb's wolf. But yea, all that other shit happened. Also I feel like the Red Wedding was more gruesome in the book. I seem to remember Catelyn literally sawing off the wife's head with the knife.

Also Parker, you can't expect to join a spoilers thread without a hint of a spoiler. ;)