Stanley Cup

Beglar 1st MRB

Any hockey fans here? was wondering what team wins this year? my surprise this year is "Toronto Maple Leafs". to my surprise i will be cheering for them this Year !!!

You sir, are my new friend. As my new friend, I'll do you a favor and move this thread to the sports section of the forums at no charge to you at all.

Unlike most homer hockey fans, I'm a realist *takes off blue & white goggles*. There is no chance in hell the Leafs are winning the Cup this year, that achievement is going to the Penguins. With all their trade deadline acquisitions and their already ridiculously talented team, they have the depth and talent to go all the way without any bumps.

Realistically, the Leafs have a good chance to get to the second round of the playoffs if they play Montreal. That's not to say Montreal isn't talented, we've just had their number for the past few years and right now it looks like they are going into the playoffs with a shaky Carey Price who is their best player (no disrespect to Subban). I wouldn't mind facing Washington either, although they have the scoring touch they really don't have a great defensive game. Even though they added Erat at the trade deadline, their depth isn't the strongest and everyone knows if you want to win in the playoffs you need depth. Finally, the Bruins. This would be my least favorite first round matchup simply because the Bruins dominate us every year. Chara's tall body and long reach shuts down any line we through at them, Rask seems to play well against us every time we face him, and they have just as much toughness and grit as we do so there's no pushing this team around. All in all, it looks like it's gonna be a Toronto vs. Montreal first round matchup and for me, personally and as a hockey fan, I can't begin to explain to you how excited I will be to watch it. Two of the most historic franchises and long-time rivals in hockey going head-to-head in a 7 game series fighting for Lord Stanley's Cup. I get goosebumps thinking about it.

Go Leafs Go!

Montreal will not win the cup again for the next 10 years. I base this prediction on absolutely nothing except that I dislike Montreal. If we were to get another team in Qc City though... If Detroit doesn't get in, I'll be rooting for Vancouver I think, on the off chance I watch the playoffs at all.

Montreal will not win the cup again for the next 10 years. I base this prediction on absolutely nothing except that I dislike Montreal. If we were to get another team in Qc City though... If Detroit doesn't get in, I'll be rooting for Vancouver I think, on the off chance I watch the playoffs at all.

peaker gets 1000+ cool points

5wftsi.jpg

Jets wish list....o how i can dream. I'de be happy enough if they made it to the playoffs and thats it. Not expecting them to go all the way, but getting into the playoffs would be awesome.

As for who would win i would have to agree with parker. Penguins seem like they have it down. LA is looking impressive, but shaky. THe only other team that i can think of who would stand a chance getting to the cup would be the rangers. They've been extremely sharp as of late.

My 3 guesses would be Pens, Rangers, or even the Blackhawks.

What i would like to happen is if Toronto made it to the cup and played the kings, or if any team got to play the kings again for the cup so i can drive down to LA and watch. I get free kings tickets for playoff games and even cup games if the kings are playing so would be awesome to finally experience a playoff game or a cup game since i moved back to cali. I dont like the kings, but hey if they make it that far ill go see them with my jets jersey proud as ever lmao.

BTW i didnt make the picture, i saw it on facebook and thought it was funny lmao.

Edited by Mamora BAR

I do hope the Jets do get into the playoffs and honestly I am actually glad the Leafs made the playoffs this year, especially since they are playing Montreal first. I am afraid I don't have much confidence with the Leafs winning the cup but then again last year I thought the Kings could never win the cup, and I was proven wrong and was pissed the entire offseason. My votes would be either Chicago or Pittsburgh, maybe even the Bruins if they have constant scoring and Rask to play well enough. And Parker is right that even if Washington has a scoring touch right now, the defense isn't all that good. Though I do think the Islanders making the playoffs is interesting I don't think they could win the cup, though they have played well I can admit that. Sad year to be a Flyer fan but oh well maybe next year on that, was not really the goalie this year, defense sucks ass. I know the Rangers can't win in their current condition, but if they get their act together then its a maybe. Interesting playoffs this year and looking forward to it.

GO LEAFS GO !!!

first time in 11 years that i am in Canada i am cheering for LEAFS !!! I hope they will win this year and i will be Leafs fan for life !!!

I might even see you Mr. Parker at Real Sports Bar & Grill one day of the game and beer is on ME lol.

Haha Real Sports is my home! Good luck trying to get in there during the playoffs. Expectations are low this year because all we wanted was playoffs and it doesn't matter when we get knocked out.

Me and my family are diehard leaf fans, my uncle even came up with the Unhappy Fan Bags that people wore over their heads several years ago, and I'm glad that the Leafs are finally in the playoffs now after so many years. Do I think they'll win the Stanley cup? I'm not betting on it yet. The team isn't anything particularly spectacular, and I don't think they'll shake the curse that the Leafs have had over their shoulders ever since they won the last cup. Still, its nice to see some hope.

Me and my family are diehard leaf fans, my uncle even came up with the Unhappy Fan Bags that people wore over their heads several years ago, and I'm glad that the Leafs are finally in the playoffs now after so many years. Do I think they'll win the Stanley cup? I'm not betting on it yet. The team isn't anything particularly spectacular, and I don't think they'll shake the curse that the Leafs have had over their shoulders ever since they won the last cup. Still, its nice to see some hope.

Wow, more and more Leaf fans. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! We are multiplying.

For those of you who are wondering what the meaning behind the phrase "Burn the Boats" is, well it has been the Leafs new mantra this year. It's posted above the whiteboard at the far end of the Leafs dressing room.

The mystery behind the message lies with Leafs coach Randy Carlyle. In the hours before the Leafs took to the ice for training camp, Carlyle delivered a motivational and seemingly moving speech to his group, weaving a tale into his efforts to illustrate the point.

"He had a story about people crossing the sea to take the treasure," James Reimer recalled. "When they got there they burnt their boats so they either had to take their treasure or die. That's what 'Burn the Boats' means."

Essentially the story and subsequent slogan comes down to one central message.

"We're all in it together," said Reimer. "There's no looking back. There's no turning back. There's no out. We're in it together. We're going to fight for each other. There's no safe zone to go back to and regroup."