Canada vs. USA

Lafy BAR

Lol, considering the US Soldier was wearing an extra 40 lbs of gear while the Canadian was not. Bwahahaha! Put a hard charging Marine in there with a full combat load and couple days of no sleep running off of Ripits.

That and from the looks of it the US soldier outweighed the Canadian in body mass alone by about 40lbs.........

Lol, considering the US Soldier was wearing an extra 40 lbs of gear while the Canadian was not. Bwahahaha! Put a hard charging Marine in there with a full combat load and couple days of no sleep running off of Ripits.

That and from the looks of it the US soldier outweighed the Canadian in body mass alone by about 40lbs.........

Considering he could have taken off his flak jacket, harness and sidearm during the contest, i'd say it was his fault. Also being bigger would give him an advantage no? Especially if it's muscle mass.

Considering he could have taken off his flak jacket, harness and sidearm during the contest, i'd say it was his fault. Also being bigger would give him an advantage no? Especially if it's muscle mass.

Our SOP's don't allow us to relinquish weapons in an environment such as that. You could always research this before attempting to debate on a level above you, considering you've never served and know nothing of actual service or anything pertaining to such.

The soldier does look bigger, I'll give you that. But like I said, he's a nasty soldier, they're bred for barely meeting physical standards and not to mention an occupational force meant to sit on their asses all day. Put a Marine with some intestinal fortitude in there.

Edited by S. Richards 1st MRB

Actually I did read the SOP for Afghanistan and it's mentioned that the personal weapon must be worn at all time except during physical activity. If that doesn't qualify as Physical Activity, colour me red. Especially since none of them have their rifle on hand, which leads me to believe no one was in immediate or actual danger from an attack. Plus, as mentioned before, the weight would have given him an advantage.

Maybe you should stop trying so hard to troll Richards, it's unbecoming, and you just sound like a sore loser, especially since it's not exactly that big a deal.

Wow, Canada has a military?

Also "Prior to the departure of 31 Canadian Brigade Group (31 CBG) personnel from Camp Atterbury, Indiana, Canadian soldiers observed US National Guard soldiers playing an interesting version of the game Tug of War"

National Guard... not even Active Duty Army.

More serious note, whoever wins, the enemy loses. Honestly Canada and the US are brothers in arms, I couldn't imagine a

this is for Peaker: a realistic modern day

scenario where the US and Canada are at war.

Edited by Morton 1st MRB

For all of the shit that we throw at each other in other affairs, our countries are a good match for eachother in terms of military operations I think. We've both had a history of success and adapting to overcome whatever obstacles lay in the way, and although I personally wish we were not as closely tied as we are, I still like the way things are between our two countries. We're like Apollo and Artemis, twins from the same mother, but too different to be the same thing and we compliment eachother for it when we work togather.

I think that Canada and the US could actually benefit from closer ties, maybe even a merger. We share a very similar culture and background, and even joined as one country you can still be proud of your Canadian culture, seeing as we have Texan, Southern, ect pride in the US. The economical benefits would help both countries as well, as there wouldn't be a border and lll the expenses it has. There would also only be one war department as well, seeing as for the most part the Defense of N. America is handled by NORAD, and both countries contribute. The real hurtle would be political, but that can be worked out. It would be cool to add 10 more states to the United State of America (since unlike Canada the USA would still fit since both are part of the Americans.) Or we could call it the North American Union or something like that.

Oh and Armstrong, in a Conventional and Symmetrical war the US Militarily outclasses Canada and has since the 1900's. Its not an insult to your fighting spirit or anything it is simply we have a the greater population and industry.

Edited by Morton 1st MRB

I'm definitely not cool with the idea of merging the US with Canada. Especially here in Quebec, where the position of the province within Canada is a somewhat contentious issue. Not sure we'd like trading that to be a "state". Not to mention your social policies concerning Healthcare, the army, banks and banking law, individual freedoms, the places of foreign cultures inside a host country etc... run in a somewhat different direction than ours, not to mention the gun issue.

The US would gain, Canada (And Canadians) would lose.

Like I said, politics is the biggest hurtle. However most of the issue you brought are handled State by State, so it isn't going to affect you as much. Especially since you will have a say in the Government, and as part of the US Quebec as a State would have more freedom not less, since our states are more autonomous than your Providences, or we could just let your Frenchies go and Form NEW France or whatever you guys whine so much about :lol: , either way. In National politics the combined states that made up former Canada would have 68 Electoral votes, and your politics are pretty close to the majority of politics in the north, so you would have some say.

Our two nations are practically merged already, especially when it comes to defense, we are practically one nation.. No other nations have such a close relationship as we do. So Canadians would benefit just as much as Americans. You could say that all Americans would benefit equally.

Edit: As for the Foreign culture thing... This is the UNITED STATES, we don't give a flying fuck about how different your culture is (unless your a religitard republican) since we are a melting pot of different cultures.

Also cultural identity isn't stamped out in the US, rather embraced. Look at how many people from Texas are proud Texans, and How many southerners are proud southerners. You Frenchies could be proud Frenchies and guess what. WE don't have a national language so you can speak your wacky french all you want.

Edited by Morton 1st MRB

That idea is terrible. Canadians really don't share your culture. Issues that Americans see as controversial such as gun control, public healthcare, social programs, gay marriage, abortion, banking regulations, etc, are more or less settled in Canada. We have some political discussion about them, but the vast majority of our discussion takes place past the liberal end of the spectrum compared to American values. If the northern liberal states want to become provinces then they could get a liberal kickstart, but Canada joining the USA would be a huge step backwards for Canada. I would never want religious right wing southern Americans voting for my government.

I would say that our relationship is like two good friends whose interests often coincide but who disagree on, and enjoy debating, many of our social values. You're suggesting that because we're friends we should get married, but sorry we just don't like you like that.

If you don't know Lafy, I live in the south. I resent you grouping me in with all the religious right wing nuts. They are a minority that is dying out. A very VOCAL minority but still a minority. Also as I've said, almost all the issues that come up are handled State to State. Our states have a lot more autonomy than your provinces do. So will gun control is "controversial" it really isn't the media plays it up to increase ratings and probably to increase gun sales. "public healthcare, social programs, gay marriage, abortion" are again all State issues, so it would still be how it is right now. Also don't tell me you don't have corrupt banks, because if so I'll laugh and call you a liar. That affects us all.

As for your metaphor it falls flat. We are more like how our American States are, we are each others biggest trading partner, rely on each other for domestic defense and have no problems traveling to the other. we may disagree with each other, and pick on each other good naturally, but we really are not that different. I'm sure you have some wacky right wing nuts as well.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/can-a...r-etroites.aspx

Edited by Morton 1st MRB

Also for the record, I don't feel strongly either way. Well, perhaps I would like to see a merger since it would further shift the balance away from the right since you guys would add 20 new senators and like 48 new representatives. I'm really just debating just to debate lol.