before it gets posted here (California Dog Shooting)

H. Stone 1st MRB

I know someone is going to post this video and a reaction to the California Police in Hawthorne shooting a dog.

First of all I want to put something into your heads ,

Animal are unpredictable, not only that, but safety comes first. The video which I will not post, due to the harshness of it, Depicts a man being arrested by police, and the mans dog running out the car aggressively barking then lunging towards the police officers.

Fact: Hawthorne is one of the Biggest Gang areas in California- this is important because gangs are known to train attack dogs.

Fact: 130 lb Rottweilers have been know to be able to Kill people

Fact: The dog clearly was going to attack

While it is sad to see an animal put down, I know I just had to do the same thing to my Dog of 14 years a few days ago, Human life comes first and the safety of others. While I had my girl Euthanized it is definitely hard to rationalize why.

While I get the rights of Americans to tape, monitor, and watch police. I believe that the public reaction due to social media has become by far way too skewed. In all honesty people are going to far, and there is no need to post what was obviously the fault of the owner.

I see no problem with shooting animals that look like they are out to tear your throat out. There are thousands of perfectly nice dogs and millions of pet animals out there that aren't Rottweilers which can be trained to kill people. One less dog isn't going to hurt anything on a grand scale, and their not worth an officer's life. If people are making a fuss about this, they should join or support a group like Greenpeace or Sea Sheperd and actually try and protect animals that need and deserve our attention protection and not worry about stupid shit like this.

I am disgusted by this video. You can clearly see the man taunting the police and then acts like he did nothing wrong. They had every right to arrest him. You can also tell that he resists arrest and does not follow their instructions when they tell him to sit on the ground. When the dog jumps out it attacks the officer three times... THREE. I don't care if it's a dog or a person if it tries to do me harm three times I'm putting a few rounds in it. Everything the police did in this video was completely justified. The most sickening part of this incident is that it is being called a racist action because the police were white and the offender was not. "Well they didn't arrest the white people taking video" is what I've been seeing in comments. The ignorance is appalling. The "white people" they are referring to are the ones that took the video (you know, the ones staying out of the way across the street while recording). I would expect to get arrested by an officer of any race, gender, shape, or size if I was screwing off around their cars when they were obviously handling an incident. I would expect my dog to be killed by that same officer if it tried to attack them. America needs to pull it's head out of it's ass and focus not on race but the ignorant actions of people who want to file a lawsuit instead of taking responsibility for what they do.

Having worked in Hawthorne as an EMT for some two years, I can attest that the majority of police related injuries inflicted by outside sources is generally dog bites. Granted, there are many other sources, but these mostly go unreported in the news because, well, they're dog bites; Not always the most serious of afflictions.

That being said, the danger involved in dog bites is high, as it's very prone to infection and can sometimes be the source of lasting muscular or skeletal damage. More to the point, dogs are often used for a terror factor, and their fears of often well-founded.

I myself was present at an incident similar to this. A dog hopped a fence and went right for the officer holding onto it's owner. Luckily, the Officer was quick enough to kick it away while another subdued it. However, I can tell you, guns were out. That dog nearly died that day.

Not that I'm being dramatic. It wasn't a very dangerous situation, and I was laughing the whole time (But I'm a sick, sick man,) and in the end the dog turned out to be relatively friendly. Just, heat of the moment. Happens, you know? I know my dogs would be liable to leap on someone if I were cussin' and yellin' at'm.

While I think the entire situation may have bene better handled, I'm inclined to believe that the police dealt with the situation as best as could be expected. Could they have tazed the dog? Maybe. Peppersprayed the dog? Maybe. But the reality was the dog clearly lunged upwards at the officer.

The end result regardless is the unfortunate killing of an animal.

Everyone all over the internet is acting like the dog was just barking, but its like they havent wtched the video. The cop with the gun grabs for the dogs leash, and when he does that the dog barks and lunges at his arm, prompting him to fire. If im a cop, im sitting there thinking "there is no way im getting bit by a dog today." That cop was defending himself from a unknown, aggressive dog who had every reason to be aggressive and attack, i.e. his owner being manhandled by strangers. Its an unfortunate set of circumstances, but couldnt have gone any other way after the dog jumped out of the car, unless the dog backed down. People are just using this as another excuse to hate on cops.

I disagree damnit!!!!!

there's no way that dog could have been peppersprayed/tased and be subdued by it without doing serious damage. the dog would probably have just come back angrier than he was before. maybe given more time and/or a different environment the dog could have still been alive (e.g. it was tied to a fence post or something) but not in that situation. fuck that shit, i wouldn't want to be that cop, i can tell you