Truth?

Hahaha. No Small, our beer has the strongest Alcohol percentage in general, moreso than Britain and the US. Hell, the Budweiser they send up to Canada has like 1% more alcohol content than the one they sell in the US. And that's because we're real men.

Hahaha. No Small, our beer has the strongest Alcohol percentage in general, moreso than Britain and the US. Hell, the Budweiser they send up to Canada has like 1% more alcohol content than the one they sell in the US. And that's because we're real men.

That is a myth that comes from that for a long time the US used to measure Alcohol by Weight, while Canada measures using Alcohol by Volume. So if you bought an Budweiser in Canada it would have an 5% ABV rating, then you would compare it with a Bud bought in the US that using the old ABW system it has a 3.9668% ABW and logically you would thing it has a lower percentage of alcohol. However that is incorrect because Alcohol is less dense, about 4/5 as dense as water. The density of alcohol is 0.79336. The density of alcohol is 0.79336. Alcohol by volume is the alcohol by weight times the density. So to get the ABV you actually multiply ABW x 0.79336 (ABV = ABW x 0.79336) So 5 = (3.9668 x 0.79336), 5=5 so they have the same alcohol content.

Now US beers are measured using the same ABV as Canada, so there is no more confusion. Just doing a quick search it seems both nations beers hover around 5% to 5.5% ABV.

In conclusion, US beers and Canadian Beers have roughly the same alcohol content. BOOM Knowledge Bomb.

Utah's beer is restricted to 3.2% alcohol by weight, take that!

That 3.2% ABW comes out to 4.03% ABV so it is not as bad as it looks.

Dropping some sources here:

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/08/17/Drink/Am...anada__Th.shtml

http://www.fermentarium.com/industry/beer-...content-battle/

Also just to put you whimpey Canadian drinkers in your place, of the 10 highest alcohol-by-volume beers in the world, nine are made in the United States and one is brewed in Germany.

Edited by Morton 1st MRB

Also just to put you whimpey Canadian drinkers in your place, of the 10 highest alcohol-by-volume beers in the world, nine are made in the United States and one is brewed in Germany.

Why can I drink 4x as much beer when south of the border visiting the USA then I can in Canada without getting a buzz.......... I still stand by the fact that USA beers pale in comparism to Canadian ones.

Why can I drink 4x as much beer when south of the border visiting the USA then I can in Canada without getting a buzz.......... I still stand by the fact that USA beers pale in comparism to Canadian ones.

It must be psychological, sort of like a placebo effect. You think US beers have less alcohol in them so you feel less drunk. Also it is the nationalism factor, you have to toot your country's horn. 5% ABV is the same North of and South of the Border. Personally I think Budweiser is strained horse piss, and won't drink it.

Honestly I have science on my side. American and Canadian are roughly equal when it come to Alcohol content. Also America makes some of the highest ABV beers in the world.

I actually had some pretty stout beer last winter, Borbon Country Stout Beer. This beer was 15% ABV. The whiskey I usually drink is 40 proof or 20% ABV

Edited by Morton 1st MRB