Dayz Standalone

A. Cannon 1st MRB

I remember playing the mod with you peaker. we had that crazy overpowered camp up north and west of the NWAF with our 3 attack choppers and armored SUV's on Epoch.

Standalone has a lil bit more consistently in regards to there are no missile choppers still in the air lol

Edited by Marsden 1st MRB

I remember playing the mod with you peaker. we had that crazy overpowered camp up north and west of the NWAF with our 3 attack choppers and armored SUV's on Epoch.

Standalone has a lil bit more consistently in regards to there are no missile choppers still in the air lol

That was probably me, brown and OGara

• 1 month later...
Holy crap. Just survived what is probably the most intense solo combat CQC encounter I've had so far in my DayZ Standalone experience. Just looting around Zelno and keep hearing this infected grunting away; start moving to the next garage and boom. Shot twice from close quarters with a shotgun. Didn't bleed because of my plate carrier but took some hefty damage to my health. I berrate my attacker for missing at that kind of range with a shotgun, didn't even hit well enough to break my legs. run away, hide in a shed and patch up my shirt and plate carrier. Wait a bit, hop out of my shed and wadda you know theres a player running this way. So me being the polite non-KOS and non-bandit that I am ask "Are the stupid fuck who just shot at me and missed like it was your job?"
Asshat doesn't respond.
So we play the zig zag game of "he has a gun" that is DayZ "we are not in a building right now" combat. I loop around a tree and he is right in front of me, iron site put a 4 round burst in his press vest. He isn't down yet so I let him do a lil zigging and zagging, and put another fair burst into his legs. He passes out. I walk up check pulse, pulse is strong. Let him know "And this is why we use our words. It's what seperates us from fucking animals." And put a round in his head. What really kicks ass is I managed to only ruin his jacket. All of his other gear was in good order. Some damage to his 22 clips and ammo but who gives a rats ass, it's 22 rounds and I use .380 SMG's or .357/7.62x32 rifles. And what do you know. My new friend had enough food to heal me back up, and 3 times as many rounds for my gun as I had, plus his shiny magnum and rounds for it. So I go from having one working gun with 40 rounds available to 3 working guns with 210 rounds available for my PMRAK, 20 for my Carbine, and 27 shots for his magnum. All this after he tried to put four magnum rounds in my chest when I turned around. And at the low low price of 9 .380 rounds and degrading my sowing kit from "Damaged" to "Badly Damaged". No damage to my other gear, everything is still sitting at Worn except the work gloves i stole from him. Shaking so hard I had to drop out of game and post this though. My toon should be soooooo dead right now. I love plate carrier vests.

I'm always down to play if anyone is interested in learning the ropes, or hopping back in to familiarize yourself with the game before .60 comes out with our beautiful new renderer and increased frame rates. Now time for some DoD:S so I can calm the fuck down.

sorry for huge glory rant. Just excited. It's not common that I survive once the bullets start to fly unless I'm at range looking through my scope. I prefer to operate more as medic and support sniper than up and in the fray.

• 9 months later...

Alright so Grenoble, Samuels and I are all logged off in a treeline up north and west of Elektro right now. Grid reference 9300 by 3400

We will most likely be back onto DayZ Experimental through the week, if you are interested in joining us on the Experimental hive post up here so we know to hit you up. I'll post our end grid reference each night to help facilitate people being able to meet up with us a bit better and more fluidly. I know that Harvey is currently up at 13400 by 12900 at the moment and that Duff (non member) is up near to him.

The three of us down by Elektro are rocking .22's so magazines and rounds would be appreciated if anyone can help us out. Next time we know for certain able to play together will be this upcoming friday but may change, not sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So after a brief encounter with some wolves and some very lucky looting tonight.  Small and I were able to meet up.  We are currently logged out near the Southern part of Novodmitrovsk. 

I am sure that we will be continuing inland soon to find Marsden and we can find anyone who wants to join up with us, we have weapons a pleanty to spare.

That always seems to be the key phrase in that game:

Examples:

I have enough food and ammo.....for now

Ive been having some good luck....for now

Been having pretty good luck avoiding wolf spawns......for now

Avoided hypothermia or hyperthermia......for now

I can't believe my player is hydrated and healthy.....for now

So still got the three of us on the public servers up west of Severograd from what I know. If anyone wants to meet up tomorrow night and play I'm down for a binge session.

Additionally Samuels and I have a stash built on "The D.M.Z." server's Private hive. The stash consists of two barrels, and ALOT of wolf meat with a spare SKS, 7.62x39mm rounds, MP5, 9mm rounds, Skorpion, no rounds (need .380), no mags for either SMG, and I think we have .357 rounds. Also we have a range finder but need a battery for it. If anyone wants to join Samuels, Harvey, and I on the server. The stash is located on the south western edge of the town of Gvozdno. The first barrel is a green barrel hidden in the brush line at the edge of the trees at the top of the hill, the second is about 100 meters away, further back away from the town, red and white barrel, stashed in orange bushes across from a patch of berry bushes. At last check both barrels were full so we could really use a 3rd if not to get some tents set up.

Unfourtunately the three of us died the last time we played on that server but went down pretty gloriously after making a fair run of the day. If you want the details keep an eye on the newsletter XD

Edited by Marsden 1st MRB
Edit for spelling of the town name

• 1 month later...

Armstrong and I made a successful run along the west portion of the map raiding the prison, a heli crash, as well as the Pavlovo Mil base (2x) to get us set up with a bunch of goodies and tents at our usual base camp.  

We have clothes, ammo, and weapons for when you get to base next time

Edited by Samuels 1st MRB

Freezing & Drenched  = we can build a fire to warm you up and dry you off

Hungry = have both canned and cooked food so no prob

****Thirsty = This is a prob because both me and Armstrong have no soda or water so moves need to be made to obtain supplies

Sick = Depending on whether you need charcoal tabs or antibiotics we might be able to fix that, Armstrong has some left over from when he was sick last night

And bleeding?  Unless youre out of rags we should be fine to patch you up and saline you back to full color

21 hours ago, Samuels 1st MRB said:

Freezing & Drenched  = we can build a fire to warm you up and dry you off

Hungry = have both canned and cooked food so no prob

****Thirsty = This is a prob because both me and Armstrong have no soda or water so moves need to be made to obtain supplies

Sick = Depending on whether you need charcoal tabs or antibiotics we might be able to fix that, Armstrong has some left over from when he was sick last night

And bleeding?  Unless youre out of rags we should be fine to patch you up and saline you back to full color

I was being sarcastic but cool lol