Project Reality BF2 standalone

Scinta

hey guys recently I have been bogged down with finding work but I have enough time to dabble with this game Project Reality. Now before I get into how awesome this game is just know that you cant just jump into it and fly a chopper otherwise youll get banned for wasting assets . So your goal is either in AAS (assault and secure) which you have to take key objectives in a scheduled manner and wait for the enemies tickets to drop to 0 and has about 100 players on one server at once. Then, there is Insurgency which is basically finding caches of weapons and ammunition destroy all of them or lose all of your teams tickets which is very hard because I have played the attacking team and even though we had attack helis it took us 4 hours at least to finish the match. When I first tried it I was humble and read the rules of each server before I got on and had to read the manual but then I found an easy way to learn the game. there is two different ways to play you can be on the COOP mode which you can learn the basics of the game with friendly people who will teach you how to play, if you go into an online full match and decide to go officer you are probably gonna have nobody in your squad because they know your a noob. In spite of all of this, the game can really shine when you have a team that implements teamwork and I am willing to teach anyone to play with the knowledge I know. Keep in mind I have only been playing for about three weeks but I just got into flying supply drops for transport. If you joined this unit for realisms you should try this game and get knocked on your ass. 10/10 also did I mention this is free? you dont even need BF 2 anymore.

Edited by Scinta 1st MRB

Fantastic game. I played it years ago for a few months. Wonderful community too. I remember there was an abundance of players who were willing to help new players to learn. I may have to look this up again.

I like the Vietnam maps. My first time on the map "The Battle of La Drang" I played as a medic in a squad that posted up on the south side of the map.

Our squad followed a dry riverbed and keept a lookout for any NVA trying to cross the river. The firefights got intense. About five times during the course of the map, half my squad got "incapacitated." Most of those times I was the only living medic and it gets intense when five or six other guys shouting for a medic.

Also, I played a game on another map which pitted the Russians against the Chinese. My squad was assigned to defend an oil refinery. Things were mostly calm, however about 15 minutes in a large group of enemies began shooting us from the hills that surrounded the oil refinery. One time a tank even began taking shots at us. I had to take cover behind a wall and wait for enemies to run into the permiter of the refinery before I poped them. I killed about 20 people during that match. Insanely fun.

Point is, check it out. The infantry combat is really fun and visceral. If you can, try and play some of the vietnam maps, I like them the most.

I like the Vietnam maps. My first time on the map "The Battle of La Drang" I played as a medic in a squad that posted up on the south side of the map.

Our squad followed a dry riverbed and keept a lookout for any NVA trying to cross the river. The firefights got intense. About five times during the course of the map, half my squad got "incapacitated." Most of those times I was the only living medic and it gets intense when five or six other guys shouting for a medic.

Also, I played a game on another map which pitted the Russians against the Chinese. My squad was assigned to defend an oil refinery. Things were mostly calm, however about 15 minutes in a large group of enemies began shooting us from the hills that surrounded the oil refinery. One time a tank even began taking shots at us. I had to take cover behind a wall and wait for enemies to run into the permiter of the refinery before I popped them. I killed about 20 people during that match. Insanely fun.

Point is, check it out. The infantry combat is really fun and visceral. If you can, try and play some of the vietnam maps, I like them the most.

I just played that map and got to fly the CAS gunner on a Huey and asked the admins if I can play vietnam music loudly in local so I played a playlist I had for just the occasion and ball of confusion played perfectly when the central HQ flag's super fob squad which consisted of 2 other squads was calling in for broken arrow, and I got to unload the quad 50 cals in 3 minutes of flying in right over there heads and everytime we flew over my team was cheering us on "PLAY IT LOUDER!" so then I plugged in my phone to the stereo and basically never let go of the local voice key haha great fucking map I wish they had Khe Sanh.

I have to try this again. Working as a two man sniper team (spotter and shooter) is so much fun.

West fallujah I had a medic next to me on a rooftop and I was a spotter and squad leader giving intel to the commander and other squads about an RPG SVD insurgent spot composed of a cache next to another cache 3 blocks down this gave the insurgents a way to ambush anyone going after that cache and it was imperative we spotted them one by one that medic got around 15 kills before I had to pull my rifle out and call for backup because they started coming in with technicals and 12 guys running right at us me and the medic went down fighting down the stairs RPGS and AKs couldnt take us down but an IED car bomb did fucking cowards lol

• 3 weeks later...

It'd certainly be a good chance to test a bunch of WW2 stuff in an engine that is a bit more realistic than DoDs. It's also fairly easy to make and lock a squad on most servers as long as we have the numbers. I can squad lead or generally I like to go for MG/LMG. I've also played commander a few times and it's fun when your squad leaders try to work with you to make a cohesive plan happen.

The devs have their own Early Access Game on steam now titled Squad, It's the same game only they've moved it to the Red Orchestra 2 engine with newer graphics and so forth, for a 40 dollar price tag its actually worth it to any long-term fans of the game considering the consistant patch''s and their desire to make their community happy. with that said they plan to have vehicles up and running rather soon but as someone with a few hours logged in its almost the exact same format, so if you enjoy PR and want to continue supporting the devs i suggest checking out the new drop on their part,

• 4 weeks later...