Homefront

Ritchey 1st MRB

so while checking out video game news, i stumbled across this article

A video game that dares to make Americans angry

my first thought at looking at the title was "another game looking at a PR stunt in order to make sales, just like medal of honor's allowing you to be the taliban"

then after reading the article i realized this wasn't the case. Surprisingly the article brought up a great point of bringing emotion into the forefront of an otherwise cookie cutter shooter scene.

SO, after that article sparked my interest, i started to look up the game and found the storyline to be extremely intriguing. set after the American economy collapses. Korea, Japan, and a few other asian states meld together into a formal asiatic empire and attack the west coast of the US. first releasing an EMP attack on major cities and then occupying several of those major cities to gain a foothold in the americas for their expansion east. The game itself begins 2 years after the attack and places the player in the shoes of a civilian who has joined the resistance against the foreign invaders. The premise reminds me of world in conflict or freedom fighters, except this time in first person mode.

so, armed with this info. your thoughts? anyone gonna check it out ? or "lol modernfps" pass?

Edited by Ritchey 1st MRB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
sale? SALE?!?! What sale?

sale is over now but free metro 2033 so i got it played it beat it basically good campaign but short well for me it was but the ending dissapointed me horribly but that could me the are trying to perfect it and finish up the story or pull a too human make it into three parts but never finish the last two

Hmmmm, sounds intriguing ..

it is very interesting but one thing watch out for the storyline it left me with a kind of empty ending like they should have done more with it but i think they either wanted you to make up whatever you think happens next or they are gonna make sequels

They left it wide open for a sequel. But it's ok. It's a pretty epic ending. And the last level is awesome!

true that i did enjoy it fighting on the bridge was epic but i like when you took off in the helicopters and he turns on the music it was epic for like 2.5 seconds the the music goes off and i was like sadface

true that i did enjoy it fighting on the bridge was epic but i like when you took off in the helicopters and he turns on the music it was epic for like 2.5 seconds the the music goes off and i was like sadface

Yeah....I just wish I could have created my own soundtrack to play over the games soundtrack!