Hostage Situation in Alabama

Armstrong 1st MRB

This may not be completely Political right now, but I have the feeling that it is going to become political. Any of you seen what's going on over in Alabama with the Survivalist kidnapping a 6 year old boy off a school bus after shooting a bus driver? He's right now locked inside his bunker with the kid (and has been for the last 2 days), whom he allowed to obtain his medication and some colouring books. Any thoughts on what is going to happen, or what his demands might be?

-had to write this quick, may write more later.

This may not be completely Political right now, but I have the feeling that it is going to become political. Any of you seen what's going on over in Alabama with the Survivalist kidnapping a 6 year old boy off a school bus after shooting a bus driver? He's right now locked inside his bunker with the kid (and has been for the last 2 days), whom he allowed to obtain his medication and some colouring books. Any thoughts on what is going to happen, or what his demands might be?

-had to write this quick, may write more later.

by survivalist are we talking about one of those idiots who somehow thought that while the apocalypse was going to happen, they would still live and so prepared to survive afterwards (yet not exactly preparing for every scenario)?

either way, i doubt he wants to harm the kid now beyond trying to arrange a some sort of leniency when he does finally leave his bunker. Hopefully, he'll realise he's stuck in there with no way out except one surrounded by cops and give up when he finally comes to terms with the futility of his actions. Either that or he's digging a tunnel to escape from.

at the core of it, everything is arguably political in a way. i'd be surprised if some news channels, lobbyists and politicians haven't already gone there. you mention he shot the bus driver, i would not find it hard to see both pro and anti gun-control activists using this as a case study to promote their own agendas. i can just see pro-controllees (new word from the dictionary of my arse) saying this is proof that there should be regulations to get rid of guns entirely and anti-controllees saying it's proof that every school and school bus needs ex-special forces personnel as security and all children should be given m16s from birth.

Heh, yeah. Well yea, as far as is known, the kid does not know the man and the man doesn't know him so its doubtful that he'll hurt him for any personal reason. I do find it strange why the guy supposedly hasn't given any demands yet. You'd think that if someone was going to do this they would have had some sort of plan or goal that they wanted to achieve by kidnapping someone, especially a child.

As for who this guy is, he has been described as a survivalist(I'm gonna guess that you are right and that he is a doomsday survivalist specifically) who torn up all the trees on his property, put up barbed wire all around his property lines, and put up a bunch of tresspassers will be shot signs along with building his one bunker (we can assume he's stocked it pretty well if other doomsday survivalists with bunkers are anything to go by). He's defined as reclusive, anti-american(whatever that means to his neighbours) and a bit of a loner. All interaction that I've heard with other people has been negative, in fact one interaction he had recently with a neighbour ended with him pointing a pistol at the guy and shooting at his truck as the guy drove off. He was supposed to attend a court hearing for that incident before this happenned, but that doesn't seem reason enough to explain this. I'm not familiar with law in Alabama, but I don't believe that aggravated assault with a pistol would give a person that big of a sentence, but who knows.