this mornings BBC sunday politics

Takel 1st MRB

"The annual conference of the secretive Bilderberg Group is meeting near Watford, with some leading political and business leaders from the US and Europe.

American "shock jock" Alex Jones joined Times columnist David Aaronovitch to discuss it - and ended up disrupting the show in spectacular fashion.

Presenter Andrew Neil described him as "the worst person" that he had ever interviewed."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22832994

On one hand, it is usually a positive attribute to any society to have critical thinkers questioning everything (some that come to mind are Socrates and all the Greek skeptics, Francis Bacon, Descartes, Sir Thomas Moore, William Graham Summer). These guys helped establish the notion that we have a responsibility to look beyond what we're told to think. However, coming across as a crazy raving lunatic, shouting out your website and random spouts of conspiracies, only makes it so that if you ever actually discover something true, no one (of any consequential importance at least) will believe you. So no matter if Alex Jones is right or wrong, he's not helping anyone. What a dick.

Everyone knows they're a bunch of conspiring cartel-forming crooks who we'd be better off without. But it's amazing how much shit people will shovel before they get sick of it. ;)

But this is a good example why a lot of people reckon Jones is nothing but a false-flag decoy for the man, sabotaging the debate by making any dissenting opinion look like that of an absolute mad man.

Edited by Logue 1st MRB

INFOWARS!!!!!! DOT!!!! COM!!!!!

LIBERTY IS NOISY!!!!

LIBERTY IS NOISY!!!!!

FREEDOM WILL NOT STOP!!!!!!

YOU WILL NOT STOP FREEDOM!!!!!

YOU WILL NOT STOP THE REPUBLIC!!!!!

HUMANITY IS AWAKENING!!!!

INFOWARS DOT COM!!!!!!!

and my favourite quote of all time:

NO!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!!!!! - Alex Jones 2013

Mr. Aaronovitch asked a very smart question, and I don't think it was right of Mr. Jones to snap out at him like that. Not that I trust most of what he says anyway after he tried to disect the movie Prometheus as the blueprint for the Illuminati's plans of what they want to do. As far as I know, Ripley Scott has no connection to any conspiracy group, and I'm quite sure that the Illuminati are interested in other things besides Aliens, coming from me who has an Uncle who is a member of a Masonic Lodge.

If you want to convice people that a conspiracy theory is true, you have to be able to have a level-headed debate with clear evidence to prove that it is true to anybody who might question you. This guy should look up David Hume's theory on miracles, its a great concept of proving how things that seem unbelievable could be true. Its what I think conspiracy theorists should strive for, presenting enough damning evidence to everyone in the world that there is no other explanation that it has to be part of a conspiracy.

Aaronovitch is awesome in this... I love how he starts off his opening question, lulling Jones into a false sense of security, and Jones laps it up; at no point does he suspect it's just veiled hostility, whereas everyone else can see exactly whats coming!

Jones is so awful it's brilliant.

Edited by Cutts 1st MRB

I liked it so much I had to post it twice. I have a friend who writes about all this conspiracy theory wacko stuff. Obviously the philodophy A level we did in school didn't work.