Marijuana legal or not in all states?

Stevenson

Should weed or Marijuana be legal in the United States in every state? If so why.

My opinion yes i myself do not use Marijuana but if the US would make it legal they could tax the crap out of it and get out of this debt this so called president has got us into or maybe not all of it but a good chunk.

The war on drugs is not very effective, so I'm all for decriminalizing all substances for users. Legalize weed and other Canabis products, keep the production of other more damaging chemicals illegal and go after the dealers rather than the junkies.

While the revenue from marijuana probably wouldn't be that massive, it's a helpful boost, and more money that goes into the government's coffers rather than the crooks.

I don't smoke weed nor do I have any interest in doing so, I do though don't see why it is illegal. It has not killed a single person, could be taxed and help the economy, and probably would make the US a lot more chill than it is now. Honestly I say legalize all of the "illegal drugs" personally, but if they choose to do those than they should know what they are getting into. Holland has a lot of these substances legalized and it hasn't really been a problem. But back to marijuana/weed, it can serve many purposes I would think so just legalize it and not waste the legal system's time. By the way people its not just the president that got us into the huge debt, just saying.

I am actually for the legalization of all substances. After all, alcohol abuse can be just as bad as cocaine addiction.

But why am I for legalization of all substances? Simply because it's tens of millions of dollars are wasted in the "War on Drugs". I do not, however, advocate that all drugs be available over the counter. For harder drugs, like cocaine, LSD, meth, etc. etc., those should be sold and only used in certain area's, a "drug clinic", where a medically licensed doctor and nurses will sell a limited amount of the drugs to anyone over 18. And a computer system created that will register customers and log what they use, so they cannot hop from clinic to clinic to get more drugs. As well, with security to ensure that customers don't get too rowdy and to protect the staff. The staff would also offer a therapy for drug abusers to help them off their addictions.

The drugs will have to be approved to ensure that it's as 'safe' as it can be for use by humans. Which means that if the cartels want to continue to do business, they have to play by our rules, and if they don't try, they don't get to do business here. But in order to make these drugs, it has to be in the US and done by those who are licensed; which will create more jobs in the US. Of course this will not completely remove selling drugs illegally, but instead of arresting people for buying drugs outside of legally sanctioned area's, they go after the dealers, growers and makers of said drugs sold illegally instead. The illegal drug business is a multibillion dollar industry, make it so that most of that money stays in this country, rather then heading in the hands of the cartels so they can just use it to buy more guns and continue the violence.

Of course... this is purely my opinion. But Portugal decriminalized all drugs and offered therapy too those who choose to take it... and it works. Although what I'm suggesting isn't the same thing, it's just an attempt to lead toward a more safer and open environment where drug users aren't treated like hardcore criminals.

And just an fyi, I don't use any of these drugs.

Edited by Perrone 1st MRB

I am actually for the legalization of all substances. After all, alcohol abuse can be just as bad as cocaine addiction.

But why am I for legalization of all substances? Simply because it's tens of millions of dollars are wasted in the "War on Drugs". I do not, however, advocate that all drugs be available over the counter. For harder drugs, like cocaine, LSD, meth, etc. etc., those should be sold and only used in certain area's, a "drug clinic", where a medically licensed doctor and nurses will sell a limited amount of the drugs to anyone over 18. And a computer system created that will register customers and log what they use, so they cannot hop from clinic to clinic to get more drugs. As well, with security to ensure that customers don't get too rowdy and to protect the staff. The staff would also offer a therapy for drug abusers to help them off their addictions.

The drugs will have to be approved to ensure that it's as 'safe' as it can be for use by humans. Which means that if the cartels want to continue to do business, they have to play by our rules, and if they don't try, they don't get to do business here. But in order to make these drugs, it has to be in the US and done by those who are licensed; which will create more jobs in the US. Of course this will not completely remove selling drugs illegally, but instead of arresting people for buying drugs outside of legally sanctioned area's, they go after the dealers, growers and makers of said drugs sold illegally instead. The illegal drug business is a multibillion dollar industry, make it so that most of that money stays in this country, rather then heading in the hands of the cartels so they can just use it to buy more guns and continue the violence.

Of course... this is purely my opinion. But Portugal decriminalized all drugs and offered therapy too those who choose to take it... and it works. Although what I'm suggesting isn't the same thing, it's just an attempt to lead toward a more safer and open environment where drug users aren't treated like hardcore criminals.

And just an fyi, I don't use any of these drugs.

+1

This is always a really hard stance to take and defend, and i commend you for laying it out there. Another point id like to add is that in addition to recreational use of these drugs, what people are really uninformed on is the possible medical uses for some of the harder drugs. There has been limited research on using MDMA and Psilocybin in treatment of PTSD and depression, among other emotional instabilities/ neurological disorders. But the laws are so strict on using these drugs that research IS very limited. How can you prove that something has a medical use when it is banned because it has no medical use, according to the government?

• 3 weeks later...
I'd say no because it's a liability. It inhibits your judgement and you are unable to think correctly and therefore can injure someone severely if you decided to do something you're not supposed to while under any influence. (best example would be driving)

You mean exactly like alcohol already does? (Pot actually is much less damaging to your system than booze and tobacco if you keep your consommation reasonable)

I'd say no because it's a liability. It inhibits your judgement and you are unable to think correctly and therefore can injure someone severely if you decided to do something you're not supposed to while under any influence. (best example would be driving)

You mean exactly like alcohol already does? (Pot actually is much less damaging to your system than booze and tobacco if you keep your consommation reasonable)

True. I don't see why it's illegal anyways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_history...e_United_States

This is Wikipedia, but it has some good stuff in it.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the strength of the US democracy is the fact that states can be considerably different and represent a vast spectrum of perspectives under one national roof.

Let one state be legal and another straight edge.

And Colorado's already lowering profit margins for organised crime, so perhaps having a few legal states is all you need.

I know the UK police would love to focus on binge-boozing rather than cannabis, they can't say it out right but they keep trying to press that alcohol is our number one problem.

(And by that I don't mean they'd rather deal with a violent, pissing, puking drunk person than someone stoned. Ones obviously a lot easier. ;)

Edited by Logue 1st MRB