Morton's Tabletop Wargaming Thread

Morton

So my big Hobby is Tabetop Wargaming. Which to be honest is a lot like playing army men, only with rules and more expensive models. The 3 games I play are Warhammer 40k its Fantasy cousin and the 15mm World War 2 game Flames of War .

For Warhammer 40k I have around 1500pts of Space Marines, and 3000+pts of Imperial Guard.

For Warhammer I have approximately 3000pts of Bretonnians.

For Flames of war I have a 1750pts US Paratrooper Company, and a 1750pt US Armored Company, both can be used in Mid and Late War (so it is almost like having 4 armies.)

As for my current record in Warhammer 40k I have a 12 wins/0 loses/1 draw record since 6th edition. (My 5th ed record it is more of a 30ish/20ish/3)

I only recently picked up Warhammer so it is a 2/1/1.

Same with Flames of War 1/1/0

In later posts I will post pictures of my armies, and maybe some battle reports, especially from Flames of War. Please feel free to comment and speak up if you play WH40k/WHFB/FoW and post your army and stuff.

I defnitly want to see some pictures :). I have all kinds of books about the game rules and how to make the tables them selves for warhammer 40k. One day i would love to get back into them the only problem was my obsession took place when i was about 12 so i couldnt exactly budget them or have the patients to even make the models properly usually. Warhammer is just so fricken cool though. I love how much detail some people go into making tables and even customizing the models themselves.

The reason I started this was to give me an incentive to actually paint up my Guardsmen... without getting bored and starting a new uniform scheme. I recently stripped them and sprayed on a base coat of olive drab to get them started. However I have 100+ models to paint just for my IG. I also have to paint my Bretonnians and my Flames of war armies. Oh and my space marines, but I couldn't care less about the Space Marines.

I have a 4000-5000 points inquisition Army that is no longer legal with the new codex since you can no longer pick allies with the Inquisition. It was centred around Daemonhosts and demon artifacts (Radical inquisitors can use those) and a bunch of Relictor Space Marines. Nowadays when I play I play pure Space Marines, or in friendly games I still play my radicals. My main weakness is that i'm a sucker for cool and expensive units, like the Space Marine Honor guard.

My real tabletop game though is Combat Commander! It's a WW2 tabletop game that plays on a hexagonal map with counters, and it plainly rocks.

Edited by Peaker 1st MRB

holy crap that Flames of War shit sounds wicked awesome! Flames of War Vietnam - The Battle for la Drang looks exciting as all hell. I gotta get into this stuff!

I remember my recruiter, a jet mechanic, had a whole back room of the station filled with Warhammer 40k figs. He'd play kids in the mall at the Games Workshop hahaha.

So work has been busy, something to do with working retail in December. So I have had no time to paint. However I did play a few Flames of War games on Friday, and won them both. My Paratroopers are kicking ass. Also I was introsuced to Sabaton. A Swedish Metal band who's songs are based on historical battles. So here is Screaming Eagles

As for 40k I managed to play one of my League games tonight. It was a 1000pt game and I easily won it. I tabled a Space Marine army, only taking 4 Guardsmen as causalities. I feel kinda bad since it was an extremely crubstomp battle, but there is money on the line.

So work has been busy, something to do with working retail in December. So I have had no time to paint. However I did play a few Flames of War games on Friday, and won them both. My Paratroopers are kicking ass. Also I was introsuced to Sabaton. A Swedish Metal band who's songs are based on historical battles. So here is Screaming Eagles

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eFO0Xo9TZ54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As for 40k I managed to play one of my League games tonight. It was a 1000pt game and I easily won it. I tabled a Space Marine army, only taking 4 Guardsmen as causalities. I feel kinda bad since it was an extremely crubstomp battle, but there is money on the line.

Sweden!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eFO0Xo9TZ54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Grats on the wins, dude!

So I have started a conversion project for my Imperial Guard. At the moment they are standard Cadians. What I am going to do is:

1: Replace basic troops heads with these helmets: PIGHD02.jpg

2: Replace NCO's and Officers with these heads: PIGHD12.jpg

3: Replace the legs with these legs: PIGKRL1.jpgPIGKRL2.jpg

This will give them a more unique look. I'll post a picture when the first model is done. However with Christmas right around the corner, it will be a while.

So I get home, and my cat Sir Meowsalot is laying on top of a box of miniatures. I'm thinking "Oh fuck, he just knocked down the ones I just assembled today" Well it turns out it was a box of unassembled minis. No idea why he wants to sleep on pokey plastic when he could sleep on my bed.

20581_567631909917840_1914490495_n.jpg

The Imperial Guard is where it is at. Space Marines face the galaxies terrors with automatic rocket launchers and in armor that makes then a walking tank. The Guard faces the same terrors, in flak armor and with lasguns. Truly they are more heroic.

10 space marines or 1000 guardsmen... hmmm?

Nah that is how fanboys like to over inflate the Spess Mahreens. It Comes from Rogal Dorm's (Patriach of the Imperial Fists Space marine Chapter/Legion) quote: "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Or failing that give me a thousand other troops" Most of the fighting in the Imperium's fluff is Imperial Guard or Navy fighting, and something like less then .1% of the battles involve space marines. Hence I play an army that actually fights for the Imperium, rather then for honor and glory.

The one per planet might be how rare the Space Marines are. There are only a couple of million of them in the whole galaxy.

Managed to play a small game of Flames on Christmas day. It was a close one, came right down to the wire. My paratroopers managed to charge the Hungarian objective, forcing the defending platoon to retreat, but they rallied and charge me. When it was all said and done I had taken about 75% casualties and the Hungarians took about 80%. Lost in the end due to both my CO and XO where killed and I automatically failed my Company Morale check and had to fall back. An extremely bloody battle.

So I get home, and my cat Sir Meowsalot is laying on top of a box of miniatures. I'm thinking "Oh fuck, he just knocked down the ones I just assembled today" Well it turns out it was a box of unassembled minis. No idea why he wants to sleep on pokey plastic when he could sleep on my bed.

20581_567631909917840_1914490495_n.jpg

cats are so fucking wierd mine will jump into any box or bag however new or old

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...